Saturday, January 14, 2006

Welcome to My Blog

Hello and welcome to my blogspot. I fancy myself a creative writer, a novelist, in fact. Although I've published several non-fiction works and made a living as a "book doctor" for years, I have yet to complete a fiction manuscript.

Having said all my life that I wanted to be a writer when I grew up, I find myself, here at the age of 46, sufficiently grown up to make a try at it. I also find myself sufficiently terrified at the prospect. I need practice, encouragement and constructive criticism. Ergo, The InkSplasher.

I have made a commitment to myself to post something here at least once a week. It may be a short creative fiction piece, a commentary on current events or society, a book or product review, or something along the lines of Oprah's "What I Know for Sure." (Good idea, that. Go, Oprah!)

This blog is my practice spot--my place to practice writing and, more importantly, to practice putting my writing in a public place and risk feedback and commentary. Please feel free to comment on pieces I post here. Constructive criticism I can handle, but please don't flame me.

See you next week.
K


P.S. A caution to any who are not familiar with blogspot. There is a button at the top of most blog pages that says "Next Blog." It will take you to a random blog page. While most blogs are fine, I have encountered a few I wish I had not. Therefore, click the button with caution. If you come across an offensive site, click the flag button at the top of that site. That will send a message to blogspot "officials" that we find it offensive. If they get enough flags, they will investigate and possibly remove the blog.

I have removed that button from my site.

1 comment:

megan said...

hi mamma! i love you! yay! blog! yay letting people see what you wright! YAY! i love you lots mommy! thank you for everything, and just being here for me to cheer me up when i am sad! love you! (:
much love
megan