Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You're LATE! Nothing since Feb 7th!?

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh! What, you want to read contracts?! I have been writing my fingers to the bone this month, just not always creatively. (Or maybe very creatively. Depends on how you look at my business contracts...) (Thank you for pointing out the ebbing in the flow of my commitment level to this blog, btw. You made my day. I mean, it's not like it's eating away at my conscience every waking moment of my day.)

I started a piece last week on Reality TV, but halfway through, I realized everybody says they hate it, but we all watch it anyway. How else would we know how lame it is? (I really cannot believe some guy sold a kidney to further his invention...At least, that's what the teaser for American Inventor has been implying.) (And I am soooo ticked that they booted off Stacey and kept Jerry. He's a nice guy, but she can DANCE!) (And I mean, really, Moana [phonetic spelling] when you signed up to go on national TV to find a boyfriend, and the basic design of the show is that he sends one of you home each week, it had to have crossed your mind at some point that he might choose to send you home!?) So anyway, I deleted it.

In between contracts, I've been 'book doctoring.' (That is heavy duty editing; not for the faint of heart.) I spend my days making other people's words shine, while yearning to splash a few of my own. But I've grown accustomed to the luxuries of life, like eating and sleeping with a roof over my head. (No, I didn't make it up. I swiped it off a bumper sticker.) So the jobs that bring in the most money the fastest are the ones that get my attention and take my time, my resources, my very soul!

What we need is the replicator. Wouldn't that solve all our problems? No longer would we have to scrabble in the dust for a mere pittance, a subsistance living. All our basic physical needs would be met and we'd have time for the emotionality of life, the intellectual, the spiritual. Ahhh...


And that's all I have to say about that.

Yes, I just watched a rerun of Forest Gump on TV the other night. Watched Castaway the week before. I bet if they played a Tom Hanks rerun every weekend, we would have at least 6 months of happy watching. Hey, imagine that. Tom Hanks, the cure for Reality TV.

3 comments:

Kenna said...

It was Moana, not Tuwanna... and I liked her. But I'm glad he picked Sarah.

Kenna said...

hehe. you're funny.

KB said...

thanks for the correction. I only watched that one on the very last night so I wasn't emotionally attached to either girl. And I watched that one because I just get channels 4 & 13 on my TV. (and PBS, but that mostly doesn't count.)