Saturday, April 29, 2006

Good Intentions

Well, when I started this blog back in January, I thought it was a really good idea and it would "force" me to write creatively.

Ehnnn! (obnoxious noise signifying "wrong answer")

I'm experiencing a bit of growth at work, and it is keeping me extremely busy. Which is fine. I love what I do. Mostly. But my heart yearns to write, to create--and that's hard to do when you're feeling pressured to do other, more practical things. By the time I finish work and do the mom thing, I'm pooped and my brain feels like sludge.

So, busy as I am, what do I do? I sign up for BIAW* which starts on Monday. That's the equivalent of putting out a house fire with a hose hooked to a hydrant of gasoline.

But life never gets any slower. There's always something popping up to fill your available time. So if I'm going to be too busy, I might as well be too busy doing the things I love.

*BIAW is Book In A Week. This one is sponsored by latterdayauthors.com. I did one in January and it was really fun. I wrote more creative fiction in that one week than I've written in the past 10 years.

1 comment:

Kenna said...

I say do BIAW. I've never seen you more excited about something than the last time you did BIAW. Go for it! Figure out the rest later :)