Monday, September 11, 2006

I Want an iPod




My oldest daughter just upgraded her iPod.

Did she offer to sell her old one to her mother? No! She sold it to her baby sister for $80. I’m ticked. You can’t even touch that price on ebay, for the iPod by itself. But she also threw in the charger and this cool thing that lets you plug it into the cigarette lighter in your car, tune to an empty radio station and then listen to it through your radio speakers.

But that’s okay. I forgive her because I want this one anyway. 60 GB. Holds up to 15,000 songs. I don’t think there are 15,000 songs that I would want to listen to, but I don’t care. The heart wants what it wants.

I also want the charging dock, the Airplay2 (the cigarette lighter thingee), the OnStage 2 dock with speakers, and the Sportwrap for when I go workout. (Shut up. I work out. Sometimes.)

Oh, and I also want the cute little socks to keep it warm at night.

And a bunch of iTunes Gift Cards.

I figure $2,000 ought to do it.

I don’t know where I’m going to get $2,000. But I was watching Wayne Dyer on PBS the other day and he’s all into the power of intention and creating the way to get what you want in your life. So, I’m going to “intent” this iPod, with accessories, into my life. By Christmas. 2006.

Now playing on my intended iPod: Running on Empty by Jackson Browne

1 comment:

Kenna said...

You are VERY funny. This made me laugh.