Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thanks Megan

First, I want to say that I have THE four most talented, beautiful, kind and thoughtful children on the planet. Each of them has blessed my life deeply and I am forever grateful that God sent them to me. I could go on and on about each one of them, and maybe I will some day. But after I sort of vented about the whole drivers license thing the other day, I feel the need to say some nice things about my youngest daughter, Megan. To kind of balance things out.

Megan is really an exceptional girl. She has a great many talents and abilities and I am constantly amazed at how she uses those to bless the world.

She is a writer, and sees the world through a writer’s eyes. As a young child, she would sit and watch people interact and come up with some of the most insightful comments on deeply universal themes.

She is a musician. She plays the piano like a concert pianist. She picked up a guitar a few months ago and is teaching herself to play--and it's phenomenal how quickly she's learning.

She is a true student. Megan doesn’t study much. She doesn’t need to. She catches on quickly and does well in school.

She is a believer. Megan believes in the goodness of others, regardless of how they look or dress or act. She believes in the goodness of life.

But the talent I cherish most in this girl is Megan is happy. She looks for the humor in every situation. She finds the silver lining in every storm. She laughs and she plays with an open heart, drinking in love and life.

Megan is, pure and simple, a gift of love from God to me. I tend to be a little intense and uptight and to see and feel the burdens of the world. I believe God sent Megan to me to teach me how to play and how to be happy. And she has done a spectacular job of that.

Thanks Megan. I am a better person because of you. I love you.



Now playing on my intended iPod: Rosemary's Granddaughter by Jessica Andrews

No comments: