Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Coolest Way to Be Asked to the Prom

I don't know what it's like in other states, but here in Utah the teenagers go to creative extremes to ask each other to a dance. Usually this involves making an exploding confetti mess in someone's room or following a piece of yarn for half a mile in the middle of the night.

And then there is the reply. Creativity run amok.

Because my children are the most beautiful, friendly and well-liked children in the world, they have had many, many opportunities to ask and answer. And I have had many, many days when I went to bed with a headache from the eye rolling.

This year, however, I was impressed. Megan had the flu and missed a couple of days of school. When she went back, she had to take a make-up test. The first few questions asked for the usual regurgitation of facts--then question 5: Will you go to the prom with Patrick?

Clever.

Now playing on my iPod: I Could Have Danced All Night from the My Fair Lady soundtrack

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That is so cool and so creative of him! And I know that she is going to be just gorgeous.