I've been working on my Fall Into Reading book list. There were so many books that were read and reviewed for the Summer Reading Thing that looked so interesting.
My goal is to read at least 12 books. I'd love to match or exceed my summer challenge of 16 books but I'll have to wait and see how it goes. I have a lot going this fall (including the arrival of grandbaby #2 who I'm so excited to meet).
So, here are the ones I know I want to read for this challenge. I'll be adding more later. I also reserve the right to delete, add, and replace titles as I please.
1. Specials by Scott Westerfield (4.5)
2. Serpent Tide by K.L. Fogg (3.5)
3. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (3)
4. Blood Lines by Tanya Huff (3)
5. Blood Pact by Tanya Huff (3)
6. Extras by Scott Westerfield (5)
7. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (4.5)
8. Dragon and Thief by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
9. Dragon and Soldier by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
10. Dragon and Slave by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
11. Out of the Shadows by Candace Salima (3.5)
12. Spires of Stone by Annette Lyon (4)
13. Young Merlin Trilogy by Jane Yolen (3.5)
* I made my goal. There were four other titles on my original list that I started but just couldn't get into them.
**Note, I have read every book on this list. I just have been very remiss about writing reviews on them. I may or may not get around to that.... In the meantime, here's a quick rating system:
0 = HATED. Could not even finish it. (These books I don't bother to put on the list here.)
1 = Didn't like. Cannot recommend to other.
2 = Didn't like—but other people might.
3 = Ambivalent. Liked some things about it; not others. Probably won't read again.
4 = Liked. May read again sometime.
5 = Loved! Own or want to own; will read again and again.