Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall Into Reading Book List

I've been working on my Fall Into Reading book list. There were so many books that were read and reviewed for the Summer Reading Thing that looked so interesting.

My goal is to read at least 12 books. I'd love to match or exceed my summer challenge of 16 books but I'll have to wait and see how it goes. I have a lot going this fall (including the arrival of grandbaby #2 who I'm so excited to meet).

So, here are the ones I know I want to read for this challenge. I'll be adding more later. I also reserve the right to delete, add, and replace titles as I please.


1. Specials by Scott Westerfield (4.5)
2. Serpent Tide by K.L. Fogg (3.5)
3. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (3)
4. Blood Lines by Tanya Huff (3)
5. Blood Pact by Tanya Huff (3)
6. Extras by Scott Westerfield (5)
7. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (4.5)
8. Dragon and Thief by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
9. Dragon and Soldier by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
10. Dragon and Slave by Timothy Zahn (4.5)
11. Out of the Shadows by Candace Salima (3.5)
12. Spires of Stone by Annette Lyon (4)
13. Young Merlin Trilogy by Jane Yolen (3.5)


* I made my goal. There were four other titles on my original list that I started but just couldn't get into them.

**Note, I have read every book on this list. I just have been very remiss about writing reviews on them. I may or may not get around to that.... In the meantime, here's a quick rating system:

0 = HATED. Could not even finish it. (These books I don't bother to put on the list here.)
1 = Didn't like. Cannot recommend to other.
2 = Didn't like—but other people might.
3 = Ambivalent. Liked some things about it; not others. Probably won't read again.
4 = Liked. May read again sometime.
5 = Loved! Own or want to own; will read again and again.

10 comments:

THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

You are the second person I have seen mention "The Other Boleyn Girl." What is this about? As in Anne Boleyn?

Karlene said...

It's written 1st person POV for Mary's perspective. Mary is Anne's sister. I started reading it, but then had to take it back to the library while I'm on vacation. So far it's pretty good.

Kenna said...

Don't you mean Extras by Scott Westerfeld?

Karlene said...

Oops. The batteries in my mouse died last night and I'm sure that's the reason for that really big typo. Yes, of course, I meant Extras. :)

Katrina said...

Twelve books sounds good...that's about one a week, and with a grand-baby on the way, you need some flexibility. :) Thanks for being part of the challenge!

Lana G! said...

Peace Like a River is on my list as well. Love the blanks for further additions!

ellen b said...

Looks like several of us have Peace Like a River on our lists. congratulations on granbaby #2 on the way...

Leah in Iowa said...

Peace Like a River is now one of my all-time favorite books. Man, that guy knows how to write!! I hope you're loving it!

I just noticed today that The Other Boleyn Girl is being made into a movie, due out this February 29th, and starring Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson. Hopefully you can get your book read first!

Happy Reading!

Kerri said...

Looks like a nice list! I have Peace Like a River on mine too, I saw it on a bunch of people's lists so I put it on mine. :-)

Deena said...

First, LOVE your blog design!

Second, LOVE Your list thus far:-)