Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Am I the Coolest Grandma!

"Thanks grandma. I love my new toy."

I just love cell phones and photo texting. It makes my day when I get a message like the one above. Ahhh.

I went to Target last week and sort of went a little grandma crazy. There are lots of really cool baby things that weren't available when I was having babies.

For instance, the Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-a-Boo Leaves Mobile. This mobile is awesome. The palm leaves go up and down as the animals twirl around, creating a peek-a-boo game for baby. It plays rainforest sounds, Bach, Beethoven and Mozart (several songs each)--and not the beepy baby music versions, but real musical tones, like you'd hear on the radio. It also acts as a night light. But the coolest thing--it has a remote control! You can turn it on without the baby seeing you. (You don't know how cool that really is unless you've tried to sneak out of the baby's room in the middle of the night.)

The other cool thing I got for Carter was the Fisher-Price Infant Seat to Toddler Rocker. The name is boring, but the product is amazing. It's an infant seat that vibrates like a car. I remember putting my babies in their car seats and driving around the block over and over again to get them to settle down and go to sleep. This infant seat gives you the benefits of the car ride without actually having to get in the car. (And with the price of gas, that's a very good thing.)

Now playing on my iPod: Mozart's Toccata in D Minor

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

That is the cutest, sweetest little grandbaby! Congratulations!

And yes you are a cool grandma.

G. Parker said...

Oh man! Where was that contraption when we were having colicy babies??? sounds like too much fun to me..LOL