Since I have quite a few award winners in my stack of books to read, I've decided to participate in the Book Awards Reading Challenge as well.
Excerpted rules taken from the hosting site:
- Read any 12 award-winning books from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008. Please look on the sidebar for eligible books.
- Books may be cross-posted with other challenges.
- There will be prizes. Everyone who completes 12 books for the challenge will be entered once into the drawing. For every book over 12 completed, you will receive one more chance for the prize. For example, if you complete 14 books, you will receive 3 chances.
- Anyone may participate, but to be eligible for the prize, you must sign up by November 1, 2007. To participate in this blog, you must sign up before January 1, 2008.
My list of books:
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (2000 Booker)
- The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (2007 Newbery)
- The View from Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg (1997 Newbery)
- The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman (1996 Newbery)
- The Giver by Lois Lowry (1994 Newbery)
- The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman (1987 Newbery)
- The Speed of Dark by Elizabeth Moon (2003 Nebula)
- The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, Book 1) by Philip Pullman (*) (REVIEW)
- Ombria in Shadow by Patricia A. McKillip (2003 World Fantasy)
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel (2002 Mann Booker)
- Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold (1995 Hugo)
- The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge (1981 Hugo)