Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I love ruining people's lives...

I forced my sister to sign up for the Summer Reading Thing. I mean, that's what sisters are for, right?

She read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, then Twilight. I got her New Moonfor her birthday two weeks ago. So she's been reading like a maniac for the past month and calling and/or e-mailing me almost daily trying to get me to slip up and tell her what's going to happen. So far, she's only tripped me up once.

Anyway, got an e-mail from her this morning:
I am so neglecting my kids. I read late into the night Saturday and read a lot on Sunday and read last night. I had to finally stop. I hope to finish tonight.

I am obsessed with this book [New Moon]. I have never read a book that fast in my life. Remember when you told me that when you read you don't notice the words, that it turns into a movie for you? This is what this book is like for me. I'm not sure that it has ever been like that for me before. Sure, I imagine but it doesn't flow like a movie.

I can't believe what you have done to me. I have to go to the third book tonight--or maybe I should wait a week so I don't neglect my kids this weekend. But I'm not sure I can wait.

So--are you done with Eclipse? [Yes.] Did you like it? [Yes.]
You're welcome.



And speaking of the Summer Reading Thing. I promised lots of prizes and I have them; I really do. It's just with all the computer problems lately, I haven't had regular blog/internet access. But as soon as I get my computer back, I promise to do a bunch of prizes. Remember, when I post a prize alert, you'll have a limited amount of time to comment on the post to be eligible for the prize. I'm thinking 24 hours...

8 comments:

Sandra said...

So now I need to borrow Twilight. My sisters are begging me to read it so we can discuss it. I am thinking that now that school has started and there is a sort of routine at school, I can settle down and read again.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Sounds like you are the best kind of sister, providing great ideas for books. Mine can't believe I read so much to begin with, so they never come up with good reading ideas.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Sisterly literary corruption -- I love it.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to go buy a case of pop tarts fot the kids and curl up and start eclipse on saturday night.
edward beats jacob hands down any day. i think you have finally lost it :) suan

Heather B. Moore said...

Yeah, if nothing else, Twilight, et. al. is making readers of a lot of people (specifically women) who don't read much. I hate it when someone says, "I don't have time to read." To me that's like saying, "I don't have time to breathe." Hopefully this Twilight craze will open up the literary eyes of many :)

Janette Rallison said...

I loved Twilight and need to read New Moon--problem is, once I start reading it I know I won't be able to do anything else so I'm trying to find a chunk of time.

Does anyone know where I can buy some of that?

Josi said...

congrats on leading your sis to the dark side . . . my sisters stole my twilight after my daughter read it. My daughter has now read all 3 books, the last 2 are sitting right here and I'm Twilightless. So sad.

Becky said...

Karlene:

I wanted to let you know about a new challenge I am hosting. It doesn't *officially* begin until January, but anyone is welcome to begin whenever they sign up. Anyway, the challenge is Orson Scott Card related. You can read about it here:

http://cardathon.blogspot.com/

I hope you'll join me!

Becky