Monday, August 27, 2007

Summer Reading Thing Prizes!

Between my old Mac being put out of its misery by the computer angel of death, my new Mac having a logic board failure (don't ask me what that is, but your computer won't even turn on without it), school starting, and several trips to the doctor--I've been busy! But I have a working Mac now, school's in its second week and I'm all better, so all is right with my world.

That means...time for a contest!


I'm giving away two books this time.


Sorry, the Stork Takes No Returns by Claire Bowen
A Bombeck-ish collection of humorous stories revolving around family life.
"Welcome to the slightly off–kilter world of Claire Bowen and family. A world someone once called “gently insane.” Or perhaps he said the Bowen world was ordinary and the people were insane. In any case, he’s no longer invited to dinner. But draw your own conclusions. From adventures with Scouting and Girls Camp, to self–service tooth fairies, to reflections on becoming a grandmother, Claire’s unique sense of humor will leave you laughing. And whatever else this book does, it makes you feel better about raising your own kids. It’s humor with a literary sense and humor with common sense. It’s humor with teenagers! What more could you ask? You’re likely to recognize your own family, because you know they’re nuts, too; and you’re sure to be comforted, because they’re not as nutty as some we could name. You’ll come away feeling you’ve made new, albeit somewhat unstable, friends."


AND


Loving Firmness by Corrie Lynne Player, M.Ed.

Loving Firmness teaches a no-nonsense, tough-love approach to raising teenagers, balanced with deep affection and a soft touch they will respect and follow. Written with wit and a profound understanding of the teenage brain, this how-to manual will help ensure your children grow up to be responsible and successful adults.

This is the fourth book from parenting expert Corrie Lynne Player She is an author, educator, and lecturer with a masters degree in education from Stanford. Besides nine children of her own, she has mothered over forty other troubled foster children. She has been a contributor to Family Circle, Parents, McCall's, Ladies Home Journal, and Woman's Day, and is a parenting expert for the ClubMom web site.


Eligibility:

1. Must be signed up for the Summer Reading Thing 2007. (If you're not, sign up now.)

2. Must leave a comment on THIS POST in the next 24 hours. (Before Aug. 28th, 1:45 P.M.)

9 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm going to post just to be first and to say it is so good to have you back in bloggerdom. And the second week of school is going good so far, from both the mom standpoint and the I work in a school standpoint.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Glad your computer is up and running, and glad you are back to blogging. I can't wait for school to start on Wednesday!

Suan said...

glad your mac is up and running
thanks for the pics/music on my blog. have a great day :)

Kenna said...

Why wouldn't I want either of these books? They look great! Enter me.

Jen said...

Nice to see you! You've been missed. They both look like great books.

Marcia Mickelson said...

I'd love to win one of those books!

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Oh, I'm in! I just picked up Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer as well as Becoming Jane Austen by Jon Spence. I can easily track everything I've read this summer. Rockin'! Do I win? Ha, ha.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Oh, man! I'm an hour and 45 minutes late.

Karlene said...

Oh, man! I forgot to shut off the comments. Maybe you should get a book for reminding me. :)