Monday, September 03, 2007

Well, duh.

Some people think that because I do a lot of stuff on the computer, that I'm a techno-geek and know all about this stuff. I don't. I know software. I don't know a thing about hardware. And it's hard for me to keep up with all the little gadgets--PDA, iPod, cell phone, etc. So when my digital camera broke, I was sad that I couldn't share photos of my clean living room.

Then the light bulb went on--I have a camera on my cell phone!




And speaking of broken cameras, can I just rehearse to you the things that have broken in the last six weeks alone?
  • my car (fixed)
  • husband's car (fixed)
  • digital camera battery (replaced)
  • titanium laptop (replaced)
  • new laptop (repaired)
  • shower knob (replaced/repaired)
  • digital camera (still dead; no replacement in the near future)
  • vacuum (replaced)
  • garbage disposal (repaired)
  • fish tank lid light (replaced)
I think it's someone else's turn.

10 comments:

Julie Wright said...

oh funny, Karlene! your list of things gone awry has made me feel bad for being so grouchy over my smaller list of things gone awry. Your piano is beautiful. I'll never post a picture of my clean living room, because I don't think it'll ever be clean

Anonymous said...

The pictures make it look a lot more yellow then it is in real life. :) it looks great mom!


xoxo-mel

Anna Maria Junus said...

Oh please don't pass on your jinx to me.

I better get out of here fast before it rubs off.

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Oh, I'm with Anna Maria. Don't pass that jinx on to me either -- ouch!

I'll see you at 2:00 tomorrow.

Annette Lyon said...

Not it! I don't want a turn . . .

Rebecca Talley said...

Love the photos.

And, you're much more savvy than me with all the things you've added to your blog. I'm happy if I can just add my blog!

Doesn't it seem like when one thing breaks down, everything else does too?

Tristi Pinkston said...

The living room looks great, Karlene! Now, if I could only get mine to look photograph ready . . .

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

I'm back again with a really fun idea:

I'll admit it, I ripped this idea off the JustaBeachKat blog. But every woman blogger in my area of the country, within driving distance, let's get together for lunch? How fun would that be . . . it will be the first meeting of the Utah Chapter of BEAUTIFUL BABBLING BOISTEROUS BLOGGING BABES. Email me at ces@candacesalima.com and let's pick a day for our first meeting!

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Hey Woman,

That was fun yesterday -- I'm so excited to start selling this signature lines of scents! Hurry, come back from your trip!

By the way, I posted this on my blog today: "Okay, I'll admit it. Anne Bradshaw over at Not Entirely British did a really good thing and I am shamelessly borrowing from her idea of spotlighting the most amazing youth in the world. I think it is incredible what she has done and the youth that are the finalists in her contest are truly amazing. If you haven't gone to her blog yet, read about them and vote, you're going to want to do that as soon as you're done reading mine, submitting a nomination and generally recognizing that I'm the greatest blogger to ever walk the earth . . . all right, all right, you don't have to do that last part. As long as it exists in my mind I'm okay with that.

Announcing the Best Husband in the World Contest" -- please check out my blog today.

Michelle said...

I so feel your pain, I have killed two cars in a year. As well as other tecno things. I go through printers like you... well you writers would belive how fast...

I'm sorry about the broken stuff and if I could I'd remove the curse from both of us.

The livingroom looks nice.

Michelle