Thursday, November 15, 2007

So close but still so far away



We're still waiting for grandson #2 to make his entrance into this world.

I watch my daughter and how difficult these last few weeks have been on her.

I remember well how hard and how miserable those last days of pregnancy were for me.

My heart just breaks as one more day comes and goes without relief for her.

I wish I could make it easier, take away the aches and pains, bear the burden, carry the weight. I can't.

But I would if I could.

Now playing on my iPod: If I Could by Celine Dion

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I was just wondering how she was doing and if we had baby yet. But I refused to call and ask, because that is what I hated most about the end of pregnancy- the endless "Haven't you had that baby yet?" and every variation thereof.

Hope it is soon!

Erika said...

Wish Mel luck for me. I feel for her...that last bit of pregnancy is so hard. Mine both came early and it was still difficult to wait and be so uncomfortable. I can't wait to hear the news and see pictures!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Karlene, can I share a tip? See, you can help her -- keep her as entertained as you can. Lend her movies, lend her books, take her places. When you're thinking too much about "why haven't I had this baby?" it makes the waiting so much worse. But the pregnancies where I've had lots to do, and had stacks of movies to watch and good books to read, I've done a lot better.