Monday, November 12, 2007

You probably have a very easy job

I went to ten different places today to find boxes to ship some contest prizes. (Don't feel bad, contest winners, I needed the boxes to ship orders in as well.) Could not find what I wanted. Didn't really matter. Turns out, it's only 10¢ more to ship everything Priority Mail—and you can use their box for free. So, since when does Priority Mail cost the same as Parcel Post???

While I was at Office Max I looked at several of the digital camera models that have been suggested by you wonderful people (another contest). I only set their shoplifting alarm off twice. The guy was really nice and said, "Some of these alarms are so sensitive..." but I noticed he stayed right there by me while I looked at more models. Then he discreetly followed me around until I left the store.

On my way out the door, I had to stop and LOL at a display of mugs. (This apparently did not do anything to discourage the guy who was following me.) My favorite mug had this on it:


That's my type of affirmation! I had to buy it. Now I just need to decide whether to keep it for myself or give it to someone for Christmas...

Click here to see more from Despair, Inc.


Now playing on my iPod: 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton

6 comments:

Sandra said...

So that must be this guy's job, following people around the store. When I was there last week,no less than 3 people set off those alarms. How he kept track of them all, I'll never know!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi karlene, thanks for coming by. glad you liked the shout-out on my blog about ya. that is funny that you kept setting off the alarms and the guy then followed you around :)

i would've followed you, too. ha just kidding.

love the poster. that is so funny! nighty-night, kathleen :)

Josi said...

Love the poster--absolutely hilarious.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Did you go to XpedX? That's my favorite store, hands down.

Hey, I would really like it if you'd e-mail me and tell me about your iPod. How much it was, where you got it, how it works, etc.

Suan said...

i want that easy job...
where do i sign up :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

still cracking up over your funny poster karlene. come and see what i did last night -- a first for me. i am excited. share :) kathleen