Thursday, November 08, 2007

You should always have a nice bathroom

It's the end of week one for NaBloPoMo. I realize I've had a couple of shorties but I think they're long enough to qualify for prizes (please pick me, please, please). I've been sick, as well as busy. It's hard to blog when you're spending your days in the bathroom.

And speaking of bathrooms, you should always have a nice one. In fact, if you're building a house right now, put any extra budget you may have into the bathroom because you never know when you're going to be passing a lot of time in there. (Intended.)

I was at a friend's house a few weeks ago, and she has a lovely bathroom. The walls were a very soothing, cooling light sage—soothing and cooling are important when you're feverish. The carpet was a lovely light taupe and had EXTRA thick padding under it. Thick padding can be good for the knees when you're praying to the porcelain god. She had a very LONG, CLEAN counter top with just a basket of hand towels and a soap dispenser on it. I love that minimalist look. Also makes for less cleaning in the middle of the night when you, well, you know. Unfortunately, I didn't think fast enough to snap a few photos while I was there, so here's the closest I could get:


It's not the same in coloring or decor, but it has that dejunked feeling to it. (Dejunk is my new favorite word.)


And while I was googling photos of bathrooms to find one I liked, I came across this gem. Maybe it's the fever, but I'm thinking this is a great design statement.


Now playing on my iPod: Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu by Funky Fritters (Could not find the original version.)

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Do you (or your family) need chicken soup? You know your

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm sorry you've been sick!

I love the word "de-junk." I love doing it, too. But with four kids, all who think that they have to keep every scrap of paper they ever get, it's hard.

And the toilet is great.

Suan said...

hope you are feeling better this morning.... love the toilet...
did you get your flu shot??
i don't think it's too late.
relax and take it easy if you can

Karlene said...

I am feeling better today, thank you. I actually don't believe in flu shots.

First, Jim and Phyllis get them every year and they get the flu almost every year. I've never had one and I haven't had a real flu in about 6 years.

Second, if they don't know which flus are coming, how can they make a shot to cover it?

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

funny. and you cracked me up how you wrote "intended."

Candace Salima (LDS Nora Roberts) said...

Okay, that's just unnerving!