Monday, December 03, 2007

#10 Favorite Christmas CD: Frank Sinatra

A Jolly Christmas by Frank Sinatra was originally released in 1957. That was before I was born. It was reissued in 1963, then released on CD in 1987 and it's still available. When you add it all up, this particular Christmas collection is 50 years old!

Now, compared to some of Frank's other stuff, this Christmas album is not his personal best. The rich, suave, dreamy crooniness that is Frank is a little off it's mark in some of these songs. But it still shows up on my list of Christmas favorites, and you know why? Because Frank at his worst (and this is not his worst) still has the perfect voice for when it's cold outside and you want to curl up with a blanket and a mug of hot cocoa and just relax on the couch and watch the snow come down outside your window.

Now playing on my iPod: The Christmas Waltz by Frank Sinatra

(My all-time favorite Frank is Classic Sinatra: His Greatest Performances 1953-1960, with 20 of his best hits, all digitally remastered.)

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Frank had a voice of velvet. I've always enjoyed listening to him.

And I don't think I believe all those mafia rumors. :)

Becky said...

I love Frank Sinatra. Christmas with the Rat Pack is one of my favorite Christmas albums. :)