Monday, December 03, 2007

#10 Favorite Christmas Picture Book: A Merry Little Christmas by Mary Englebreit

I love Mary Engelbreit. She's one of my favorite artists so, of course, her picture book, A Merry Little Christmas, makes my list.

From the promo:

In a tiny little village blanketed with snow, Gregory Mouse is ready to ring in the holidays! This adorable fellow shares Christmas carols, sleigh rides, and gingerbread houses with his family and all the friends they've made in their new woodland home. As Christmas Eve draws near, they welcome readers to join them in celebrating the joys of the season.

Starting with the angel atop the family tree, this playful Christmas alphabet is Mary Engelbreit at her exuberant best.

Mary Englebreit's A Merry Little Christmas: Celebrate from A to Z uses the 26 letters of the alphabet, plus rhyme, alliteration to lead readers through holiday preparations.

I admit, this one is mostly for me, but children love it too.

Now playing on my iPod: The Christmas Song by Alvin and the Chipmunks

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I just stumbled upon your blog as I "googled" A Merry little Christmas. I am also a Utah mom, & lover of Twilight. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed browsing your blog.