Saturday, December 15, 2007

#5 Favorite Christmas CD: Anne Murray

Any Christmas CD by Anne Murray is going to be spectacular. She has such a rich, textured voice. While I may not always love her song choice or the arrangement, I always love her voice.

There are only two Anne Murray Christmas albums currently "in print" (What a Wonderful Christmas and My Christmas Favorites) but you can find a whole host of used ones on Amazon. I had her Christmas Wishes album and loved it. Did you notice the past tense there? It has mysteriously disappeared. I would accuse one of my kidlets of swiping it, but it could very easily be in one of the 200 boxes of junk in my basement that are still waiting to be unpacked and sorted. (Christmas Wishes is not available directly from Amazon but is available through various sellers on that site.)

I'm recommending Anne Murray: What a Wonderful Christmas. It's a two-disc set containing 28 songs. (No, you cannot OD on Anne Murray. Not possible.) While many of the pieces have been gleaned from previous Christmas albums (all of the songs from both My Christmas Favorites and Christmas Wishes are here), she also has newly recorded songs in this collection as well.

Oh my gosh! While I'm sitting here typing this post, her performance of "O Holy Night" just now started playing on the radio! That's a sign! You NEED this CD.

Now playing on my iPod: I'll Be Home for Christmas performed by Anne Murray AND, though I hadn't intended to link to this one, now I have to: O Holy Night

No comments: