Wednesday, December 05, 2007

#9 Favorite Christmas CD: Time-Life Treasury of Christmas



I'm probably showing my age here, but...

This Time-Life Treasury of Christmas is a two-disc collection of basic Christmas music performed by some of the best voices of the 50s. It includes: Home for the Holidays (Perry Como), White Christmas (Bing Crosby), Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley), Rudolph (Gene Autry), Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (Brenda Lee) and many, many more! I think I like every single song on these CDs.

There is more than one Time-Life Christmas collection, including this one and this one (this one is not available directly through Amazon, but there's a link to some used copies).

They're all really good. If I had to pick just one, I'd say all of them. :)


Now playing on my iPod: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
(this video has some really cute dance clips)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I remember this one from when I was growing up. I loved bringing it out. It always came out before the tree or anything else. That is when the holiday season started for me.