Instructions for doing this using Blogger are below. If you use another blog program, you're on your own—although many of them will work similar to this.
Instructions for adding the images to your Blogger post:
- Right click on the image you want to use.
- Select "Save Image As"
- Save the image to your hard drive.
- Upload the image to your blog post by clicking on the Add Photo icon (looks like a picture of a mountain).
- Select the image and click on the Link icon (looks like a picture of a chain link).
- Use this URL address: http://inksplasher.blogspot.com/2007/12/2007-winter-reading-challenge.html
To add the image to your Blogger sidebar:
The link to an image source that will fit in your sidebar is:
If you need more detailed instructions, go here: http://www.webconcerns.co.uk/tutorial/stage_02_intermediate/linking_part_02.asp
200 px image:
400 px image: