Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blogging Bug Meme

My daughter tagged me. This is actually a meme where I'm interested in reading other people's answers. I find the whole psychology of blogging fascinating.


How long have you been blogging?
Since January 14, 2006. Dang! I just had my two year anniversary where I'm supposed to list 734 things about me and I forgot. Oh well. Guess I'll do that tomorrow.


What inspired you to start your blog, and who are your mentors?
I started this blog because I wanted to write. Once upon a time in a far away land, writing was my life's blood, my soul. Then I had children. Now that I've recovered from parenthood (not), I want to write again but I'm rusty and need practice. This is my practice pad.

I'd never heard of blogging until my daughter went to Taiwan. She started a blog to keep in touch with the family. She has taught me everything I know and if there's anything cute or cool on my blog (like my masthead), it was her idea.


Are you trying to make money online, or are you doing it just for fun?
This blog is just for fun but I have others that will hopefully provide an income someday. Blogging is fun for me—creative and fulfilling in many ways.

I confess I've been bitten by the blog bug. I have a total of 17 blogs—not all are listed on my profile. Some get pretty good hit scores, some are still under construction, some are private; some I post to nearly every day, some not so much. I also contribute to three group blogs and do a blog for Megan's lacrosse team.

I don't know whether to brag about this or be embarrassed.


What 3 things do you love about being online?
1. My job is pretty much me and my computer, all day, every day. It gets a little lonely. The Internet lets me reach out and touch someone whenever I need to. Also, I have met some wonderful women online that I now call friends. (I love our Blogging Babes group.) I would never have met these women without the Internet.

2. Most of my close friends are busy working or in other time zones. Being online let's me maintain a relationship with them. I can ask them questions or send information in the middle of the night without waking them up. Also, I'm a bit of a phonophobe. I hate calling people on the phone because I'm afraid I'll interrupt something important, like a nap or American Idol. With e-mail, no worries.

3. I am never bored when I'm online. I can learn anything, anytime I want, without having to go back to school or drive through two feet of snow to get to the library.


Chat and IM.
Not much. Chat only for business meetings. I keep forgetting to turn on my IM.


Tag
I 'm tagging the Blogging Babes who were at our last luncheon: Brillig, Candace, Donna, Jeri, Sandra and Tristi

5 comments:

Candace E. Salima said...

I'll get on this as soon as I can.

Holly said...

I've loved seeing this meme and all of the individual answers. Someone tagged me with it and I should get to it. Everyone else just has better answers than mine are going to be! Thanks for the book, by the way. It came awhile ago and I forgot to let you know.

Donna said...

I posted my answer here...
http://donnasjourney.moorhouseacademy.org/?p=803

Anonymous said...

Dear Friends ,,,, on an unrelated topic that requires our attention....
Recently a friend in our fold brought this "film" to my attention.
Her son apparently was sent this web link from someone.
this is NOT a joke,,,, I've been told that some people
question my intentions.
It's a movie clip (that has been recently released, or is about to,,, I'm not sure),,
anyway, it depicts Mormons as flesh eating ghouls, and it is just awful. www.thebookofzombie.com
PLEASE don't go to this web site,,, please just make note of it,,,,,

On behalf of myself and my husband, and our Mormon friends,
I would like to make sure that young people are NOT subjected to this terrible conception of true faith.

please let me know if you are able to help.

regards, Betty Toms

Susan said...

Karlene - I know you just did a meme, but this one is really easy - I promise! Check it out at blogginboutbooks.blogspot.com