Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Alive!

Little by little, I'm coming back to the land of the living. It's been a long haul and I'm not back to full strength yet, but I can see progress every day. Yea! All of the flu/strep/infection symptoms are gone. The only thing left is an incredible muscle weakness that still keeps me in bed most of the day. Doing simple things, like taking a shower or getting dressed or fixing something to eat, wears me out.

However, yesterday, I dressed, changed my sheets and put in a load of wash before going back to bed. Today I've started another load in the wash and put away three loads of clean laundry. I also dressed, put my hair in a ponytail, and fixed and ate breakfast. And although I can feel my strength waning, I still have enough left to sit here and type this post. Life is good.

Now Playing on my iPod: Still the Same by Bob Seger (inspired by my sister)

6 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better -- when you went so long without posting, I was worried about you!

Erika said...

It's good to hear you coming back to life. I think one of the few good things about being sick is that awesome feeling when you start to feel better. Who knew feeling good could feel so...good!

Sandra said...

Yay!!

Weston Elliott said...

Hey, any amount of better is a good thing! I'm happy for you - but I still hope you feel even better soon! Believe me, I sure know what it feels like to only have enough strength to get dressed and throw your hair into a pony. Throw folding laundry on top of that and you are superwoman!!

Janette Rallison said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you at least got a lot of reading in.

Get well soon!

Candace E. Salima said...

Wow, I hope you feel better soon. Seems like you've been sick a very long time.