Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2008—My List

The Spring Reading Thing 2008 started on March 20th. I started reading then, but I'm just now getting my full list posted. Katrina and I do alternate challenges. She does Spring and Fall; I do Summer and Winter. I hope all who participated (or thought about participating) in my Winter Challenge will go over to Callapidder Days and sign up to do this Spring Challenge as well. (Katrina's prizes are great!)

I love these reading challenges. They get my blood going. There's just something about committing to reading a pile of books that MAKES ME DO IT.

[Click on the book titles to read my reviews]

Here's my fiction list (in no particular order):
  1. Fool Me Twice by Stephanie Black (Rating: 5!)

  2. Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George (Rating: 5!)

  3. The 13th Reality by James Dashner (Rating: 5!)

  4. Red Dragon Codex by R.D. Henham (Rating: 3.75)

  5. Season of Sacrifice by Tristi Pinkston (Rating: 4)

  6. Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon Mull (Rating: 4)

  7. Rules of Engagement by Stephanie Fowers (Rating: 4)

  8. Professor Winsnicker's Book of Proper Etiquette for Well-Mannered Sycophants by Obert Skye (Rating: 3.75)

  9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer (Rating: 5!)

  10. Heaven Scent by Rebecca Talley (Rating: 3.75; read but won't post a review until June 27th, as part of her virtual book tour)

  11. FarWorld: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage (Rating: 4; read but won't post a review until June 27th, as part of her virtual book tour)


Here's my non-fiction list (chosen because I totally need help in these areas!):
  1. How to Have More than Enough by Dave Ramsey

  2. Women and Money by Suzie Orman

  3. Dark Night of the Soul by Gerald G. May

  4. Younger Next Year by Chris Crowley

  5. Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern

  6. Forged in the Refiner's Fire by Candace E. Salima and Elizabeth A. Cheever (Rating: 3.75)


I'm sure I'll add to these lists. I always do. But this should get me started. Now, where'd I put that book I was reading yesterday. . .

5 comments:

Mrs S | 50 Book Challenge said...

Good luck with the challenge - I'm already onto my second book and feeling very proud of myself ;)

Susan said...

Are all of your fiction books by LDS authors? Which are your favorites? I'm going to try to read the Whitney nominees and winners SOMETIME this year. Good luck with the challenge!

Katrina said...

Glad you signed up. I was wondering where you were. :) Thanks, as always, for being part of the challenge, and for encouraging others to read with your challenges too!

Tristi Pinkston said...

You've got some very interesting books on that list . . . one in particular . . .

Rebecca Talley said...

Wasn't Jessica Day George a hoot? I loved her presentation and her acceptance speech. She's so funny.

I'm trying to read more. I want to read all the Whitney winners I haven't already read.

And, I've had a great reaction to the perfume samples. Thanks :)