Saturday, May 31, 2008

Girls Day Out

My mother and my cousin are visiting from KY. They came out for Megan's graduation. On Saturday, we met my sister and her friend, Candace, in Midvale for a "surprise" that she had planned for the five of us.

First, she shows up with drinks for everyone—SoBe Lean Cranberry Grapefruit. I have a new addiction!

This SoBe Lean is sweetened with Splenda so I can drink it and it's only 5 calories. Yay!

Normally I hate anything with cranberry juice in it but this stuff is great. It also contains Citrimax (from a rare tropical fruit with good stuff in it), Carnitine (an amino acid that the body uses in metabolism), and Ginseng (for energy).

I recommend it to everyone. Yum.




Then she has the new deluxe edition of Eclipse which features the Breaking Dawn cover on the reverse side of the Eclipse cover and the first chapter of Breaking Dawn in the back.

I read the chapter aloud (no, I'm not sharing any details) while we . . .



. . . had DELUXE PEDICURES! Oh my goodness. I've never had a pedicure before. Even though my girls have encouraged me to try it, I've been reluctant because I have funny toenails (due to an accident with a heavy table that resulted in the crushing of both big toes and toenails that fell out then grew in all weird). So I've been too self-conscious—but today I couldn't refuse because she'd already paid for the pedis.

It was like heaven! They massaged our feet and legs, did a hot wax treatment, then painted our toenails. We were pampered for an hour and a half as we read the Breaking Dawn chapter and sipped our SoBe drinks. I will definitely have to do that again.

And the results?

Can you tell which toes are mine?* You have to look close to notice the deformities. In fact, I was so pleased with the results that we went to Old Navy and I bought 4 pair of sandals. I haven't worn sandals since the table incident in 1995.



Here I am, modeling one of my new pair of sandals.





*Starting at the noon position and going counter-clockwise, pink toenails are Patti (cuz), Candace (friend), Mom, Me, Suan (sis).

5 comments:

Suan said...

something should be playing on your ipod... perhaps, girls just want to have fun...or girls night out... or something... i had a great time too! it HAS to be a monthly tradition now :)

Anna Maria Junus said...

Nope, can't tell your feet apart from anyone elses.

I really need to read Meyer's books. I haven't read any of them yet.

And thanks for the tip on the drink.

Erika said...

Ooh, I'll have to try that drink. I love grapefruit! I've never had a prof pedicure...maybe someday. They look very cute!

Sandra said...

I have never had a pedicure before. People keep telling me to go and do it. Maybe now I will go and give it a try. And cute, cute sandals. Won't your feet be happy to come out and enjoy the sun with the rest of us?

ellebelle said...

OMG
i have an addiction to
sobe lean cranberry-grapefruit too!