Thursday, May 29, 2008

Graduation Day

Graduation Day was wonderful! I was just a little disappointed that the mayor didn't show up and turn into a giant snake so we could chase him down and fight vampires and blow up the building, but I'll deal.*

There were a bunch of us there to hoot and holler when Megan walked across the stage to get her diploma—including my stylin' grandson, Rayder, who graced us with the presence of his cool self.




After the ceremony, we took pictures. The sun was bright and it was hard for me to see. I ended up having heads cut off in several of my shots. :( But here are enough to give you the idea of how happy the day was.

Megan and her proud parents: Jim & Karlene



Megan and "the boys"
Stephen (BIL), Jim (Dad 2), Rayder (nephew), Craig (Dad 1), Grandpa Ross (Craig's Dad)



Megan and "the girls"
Karlene (Mom 1), Grandma Lucy (Karlene's Mom from KY), Rayder (he gets to be in both photos because he's just cool), Melanie (sis & Rayder's mom), McKenna (sis–back),
Elle (sis–front), Whitney (Mom 2)



Megan & Patti
(my cousin from KY who somehow missed being in the photo with all the girls)



And one of my fav photos of the day: Megan and her sistahs
McKenna, Elle, and Melanie




(Megan's brothers aren't in these photos. Christopher was working and
I didn't know Austin was there. He showed up as we were leaving. Sorry, Austin.)

*Click here

7 comments:

Summer said...

Megan is just gorgeous! I remember her toddler cheeks being so rosy so I thought it was funny that her cheeks are so rosy in these pictures.

Sandra said...

What a great day for Megan. And how wonderful to have so many people that love her to be there!

Erika said...

What a good looking bunch! These were fun to look at. I can't believe how big Rayder is. He has grown up so quickly...I guess that's what little babies do!

Anna Maria Junus said...

What a beautiful daughter you have!

Candace E. Salima said...

Congratulations on Megan's graduation. Very cool. Looks like it was a total blast and it's distinctly possible, since you were disappointed by the lack of snakes and vampires, that you might need to take a 24 hour break from reading. Or not.

Marcia Mickelson said...

What a lovely girl and great family pictures. Time does go by so fast.

Rebecca Talley said...

Fabulous photos. Big congrats!