Saturday, June 21, 2008

Name My Jeep Contest Winner!

This is the contest you've all been holding your breath over, right? (Contest details here.)

It was the hardest one for me to pick because there's no way a randomizer is going to name my new car. Uh-uh.

First, let me say that I was thrilled with all the suggestions. There were 33 comments on this post with a total of 61 names. That is just amazing. Thank you all so much!

So, without further ado, let me introduce. . .
Cordelia
(or you may call her Cordie, for short)


As I read the different suggestions, there were some I ruled out right away, and others I thought weren't bad, but nothing clicked. (I had been leaning toward Buffy, but I really didn't want to go with that one because it's just so blatantly fan–atical.) When I read the name "Cordelia," my heart did a flip-flop and I knew that was her name.


Winner: Melanie Goldmund
(Melanie does not have a blog, but her Summer Book Trek reading list and reviews are posted here. Melanie, why don't you get a blog already?)

Melanie won an Urban Botanic Party Pack in our Road Trip Extravaganza fragrance, which I will deliver in person when I meet her the end of July.

(Local bloggers and authors who would like to meet Melanie, let me know and I'll give you details on date & time.)

3 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Oooh, GREAT name! It fits!

Melanie Goldmund said...

I won? I actually won something? I can't believe it! *keels over in shock*

I was already looking forward to meeting you, but now ... wow!

And I don't have a blog because, ninety nine times out of a hundred, I don't have anything to say. My comments on your blog just happen to be the one hundredth time. :D

Tristi Pinkston said...

That's the most awesome name in the history of cars!