- Why did Karlene and Megan take this road trip?
To pick up a Jeep that Karlene's father sold to her for the price of one homemade butterscotch pie. (But the pie didn't turn out so well, so I have to make another one, or three, when I go to KY in August.)
- Who is Megan?
Karlene's youngest daughter who just graduated from high school.
- What happened on the road trip that made Karlene so angry she wanted to swear?
A truck threw up a rock on the Wyoming freeway and chipped her windshield.
- Which stop inspired Karlene with a new book idea?
Santa Claus, Indiana.
- If you want to make Karlene smile, gift her with a __ __ __. (Spell the word)
- Karlene has moderate skills with which imaging sofware?
- Karlene's favorite "super hero" is ________. (one word) (Hint: She doesn't wear a cape.)
Buffy (as in, the Vampire Slayer).
- Which item did Karlene want to purchase for her front yard, but couldn't because it wasn't for sale?
A pink flamingo.
- Through how many states did Karlene and Megan travel?
Nine—Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming and Utah.
- What was Karlene's favorite state?
South Dakota. (Judged solely on the state itself, not on the people who live there. Otherwise, it would be #1 Utah, #2 Kentucky.)
- What was Karlene's least favorite state?
- Which of Karlene's companies has provided prizes for this road trip?
Urban Botanic. (Website. Blog.)
- List one of the several cool prizes the winner of the Sponsor's Grand Prize will receive.
Any of the following: Commemorative Charm Bracelet, UB Summer Road Trip bath & body products, The Golden Compass (book), Road Trip Mix on CD.
- Is Karlene an Early Bird or a Night Owl?
- What would have made this absolutely fantabulous and totally cool road trip even better?
Having all my family and friends with me.
Unfortunately, no one got a perfect score. Everyone missed #15. However, I gave the winner 1/2 point for her answer because she said one of the things what would make it better was if she came along—which is close.
The winners are:
Perfect Score Winner: Annette Lyon! (with 14 1/2 points)
(Visit Annette's blog)
Five or More Correct Winner: Jennifer Leffler!
(Visit Jennifer's blog)
Winner chosen at random.