Sunday, June 01, 2008

Summer Book Trek 2008/Summer Reading Thing 2008

I'm joining the Summer Book Trek 2008 sponsored by the LDS Fiction blog. This is an easy challenge, minimum participation = read and review one fiction book by an LDS author. And you can count the same books you're reading for other challenges in this challenge. Twice the credit for half the work.

This is a great challenge. Even if you're not LDS, you can still participate as there are several very popular LDS authors who write with no LDS content (Stephenie Meyer, Orson Scott Card, Shannon Hale, Jessica Day George, etc.).

For info on the challenge, read here. To sign up, go here. I hope you'll join me!


I'm also hosting and participating in my 2nd annual Summer Reading Thing challenge. Basically, it's very similar to the Summer Book Trek, but it's not limited to LDS authors. I'll be using the same list for both challenges (and you can too).

Summer Book Trek 2008 books (read June 1 to June 19th):
  1. Farworld: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage

  2. Rules of Engagement by Stephanie Fowers

  3. Forged in the Refiner's Fire by Candace E. Salima & Elizabeth A Cheever


Summer Book Trek/Summer Reading Thing 2008 books (read June 20 to Aug 31):
  1. Heaven Scent by Rebecca Talley

  2. Star of the Morning Lynn Kurland (read; not yet reviewed)

  3. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer*

  4. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer*

  5. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer*

  6. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (read; not yet reviewed)

  7. All's Fair by Julie Coulter Bellon

  8. Room for Two by Abel Keogh

  9. Caught in the Headlights by Barry K. Phillips (Summer Reading Thing only)

  10. Surprise Packages by Lael Littke, Carroll Morris, Nancy Anderson

  11. Angel Falling Softly by Eugene Woodbury (read; not yet reviewed)


Summer Reading Thing 2008 books (read Sep 1 to Sep 21):
  1. The Santa Letters by Stacy G. Anderson

  2. The Journey by J. Adams

  3. The Mage's Daughter by Lynn Kurland

  4. Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George

  5. Traitor by Sandra Grey

  6. Freefall by Traci Hunter Abramson

  7. This Just In by Kerry Blair


*Re-reads to prepare for the release of Breaking Dawn


P.S. The Summer Reading Challenge that I'll be hosting here (like I did last year) will start June 20th. You can use your Summer Book Trek reading list for both challenges.

5 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Wow. You have such a huge list. I've read some of them and will be anxious to read your reviews of the others.

Wendy said...

I just read Star of the Morning and The Mage's Daughter last weekend--they're awesome!

Great picks--have fun!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

You'll really enjoy Stephanie Fowers' book. She has such an awesome sense of humor!

Melanie said...

Thanks for your comment on my book list. I'm really looking forward to Fool Me Twice. BTW, I have a ton of Brownings in my family from Louisiana. I wonder if we're somehow distantly related...

Pat said...

Your reading list is very ambitious!
I think you'll love Fool Me Twice - very suspenseful! (My review went up today)