Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer Road Trip Playlist & Theme Song—CONTEST CLOSED


Help! We need a playlist and a theme song for our Summer Roadtrip Extravaganza.

So that means, it's time for another contest, right?

I've added a playlist to the bottom of my blog. (Scroll ALL the way down.) It's got a couple of songs on there, just to get it started but we need lots more suggestions.

Just to help you stack the deck in your favor for this contest:
  • We lean toward music from the 70s and early 80s but we like current music too.

  • We like rock, pop, country and a variety of music that I really don't know how to classify.

  • We don't care much for rap (in fact, right now, I veto rap).

  • We're looking for HIGH ENERGY fun songs.

Here are the details for this contest:
  • Post song suggestions in the comments section by midnight on Saturday, June 7th.

  • You can post as many songs as you want in the same comment.

  • Everyone who suggests a song gets entered into a drawing for an as yet undetermined small prize. One entry per song.

  • We'll add every suggested song to the playlist below and listen to all of them.

  • We'll put our favorite songs on our road trip iPod.

  • If your song gets added to our iPod, you'll be entered into a drawing for an as yet undetermined larger prize.

  • If your song is chosen as our Road Trip Theme Song, you'll win an as yet undetermined big prize.

  • Due to ever increasing shipping costs, to win the prize you must live in or have a ship to address in the U.S. (If you live out of the country, you're welcome to have me send it to someone stateside as a gift from you.)

  • All Road Trip prizes will be shipped after we get home.

Now playing on my iPod: Dancing in the Street with Mick Jagger and David Bowie (this is hilarious; you've got to watch it)

9 comments:

Suan said...

so� I took a look thru my favorites on the old ipod and
I found a few you might be interested in�.

life is a highway-rascal flatts
I like to move it-madagascar
I'm a believer-
baby love-supremes
what I really want-spice girls
brown eyed girl-billy ray cyrus
dancing in the street-martha reeves
red neck girl-gretchen wilson
1985-bowling for soup
girls just want to have fun-c lauper
don't wory bout a think-shedaisy
were all in this together-high school musical
I can see clearly now-everlife
do you believe in magic-ali & aj
better together-jack johnson

no road trip would be compele with out...
shania twain
fleetwood mac
bob seger
elton john

and maybe...
jimmy buffet
jouney
james taylor
jackson brown
boston
shedaisy

and of course all my cd's are available for loan if you want to save the $$ of downloading or buying :)

Anonymous said...

I'm on My Way by the Proclaimers
500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be) by the Proclaimers
Joyride by Roxette

Melanie Goldmund

Candace E. Salima said...

Oooh, theme songs. I've trying to get my sister and my friend to write a theme song for me so that I can just hit play every time I enter a room. Can't figure it out, but they don't find it a priority. Huh.

Suggested songs, okay, here's my list:

Aretha Franklin: Respect
Gladys Knight & the Pips: Midnight Train to Georgia
Isley Brothers: Shout
Jackson 5: Never Can Say Goodbye
Ray Charles: Hit the Road Jack
Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis: Cruisin'
Gary Morris: Voodoo Doll ('cause I just plain love the song!)
Heather Hunt: You Said Goodbye
Toby Keith: Beer for My Horses
Christine Lavin: Moving Target
Gary Morris: Texas Bound
Nylons: Lion Sleeps Tonight
Osmonds: Down by the Lazy River
Osmonds: Havin' a Party

Okay, those are my recommendations. Personally, I love to slip Les Miz in and let her rip when I'm traveling.

Anna Maria Junus said...

Ah, I'm not eligible. But I understand why.

Anonymous said...

Our House, by Madness
The House of Fun, by Madness
It Must Be Love, by Madness
Baggy Trousers, by Madness
My Girl, by Madness
Shut Up, by Madness
Embarrassment, by Madness
Mr Blue Sky, by ELO
Xanadu, by ELO
All Over the World, by ELO
Calling America, by ELO

Melanie Goldmund

Natasha Ireland said...

HERE's A FEW SUGGESTION:

Beatles 1 Album- Love Me Do
Yellow Submarine
Can't buy me love

My OLD Man Crush Bon Jovi:
Wanted Dead or Alive
You give love a bad name
Have a Nice Day
Who says you can't go home

Old Butt Rock:
Def Leppard: Let's Get Rocked

Chill: Jack Johnson: Better Together
James Taylor: Country Road
How Sweet it is
Your Smiling Face
Jimmy Buffet: Margaritaville

Nickelback- Rockstar

Paula Abdul- Knocked Out
Straight Up

Tenacious D- Tribute

Bob Marley- Is this love
Three Little Birds
Jamming

Sara Bareilles- Love Song
Yael Naim- New Soul

Sandra said...

Candace, I was going to say The Lion Sleeps Tonght.

I love to play these really loud with the windows down-

Born To Run- Emmy Lou Harris
Till Monday- Steve Azar

Kokomo- Beach Boys
Fun, Fun, Fun- Beach Boys
I Get Around- Beach Boys
Surfn' Safari- Beach Boys
Hold On- wilson Phillips
Fast Cars and Freedom- Rascal Flatts
No Shoes, No shirt, No Problems- Kenny Chesney
When the Sun goes Down- Kenny Chesney
Summertime Blues- Alan Jackson
Chattahoochee- alan Jackson
Take it Easy- Eagles
Life in the Fast Lane- Eagles
The Wanderer- I like Eddie Rabbit's version
Drivin' My Life Away- Eddie Rabbit
I Love A Rainy Night- Eddie Rabbit

Anonymous said...

One last suggestion from me before the deadline:

Scatterlings of Africa, by Johnny Clegg

Melanie Goldmund

melanie lucille said...

theme song to gilmore girls! :)