Thursday, July 03, 2008

How to Frustrate the Heck Out of Yourself


  1. Have a cool idea.

  2. Go overboard and blow the cool idea up into a full-scale retail money making idea and start on a business plan, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.

  3. Spend hours researching similar-but-not-quite-as-cool ideas as yours.

  4. Figure out how to make your cool idea the coolest one on the blogosphere.

  5. Create a new blog for your cool new idea.

  6. Spend hours figuring out how to make a very cool template to match your very cool idea.

  7. Make a temporary post and just type in gobbledy-gook (eg: jfklsu dkl) so you can see what the template looks like.

  8. Get up the next day all excited to jump in and finish the blog design and load it with your cool ideas only to discover that the gobbledy-gook post triggered something in Blogger and they now have you LOCKED OUT of that site because they think it might be a splog.

  9. And it can take up to FOUR business days for them to review and unlock it.

  10. Pull your hair out at the roots because this is a time-sensitive cool idea and if it doesn't hit SOON it won't be cool anymore!
Aaaaaiiiiiieeeeehhhhh!!!!!

6 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Dang--that would be hair-pullingly frustrating. Grrrr.

But you've piqued my interest. I want to know what your rockin' idea is! Let us know as soon as the whole "locked out" thing is resolved!

Cheryl said...

Ohh that would be frustrating. I had blogspot where my blog is at review and lock my blog for some time too, so I can relate

Candace E. Salima said...

Ah, I'm sorry. That would make me pull my hair out too.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Yeah, I wanna hear the rockin' idea too!

Mrs S said...

Oh no how frustrating!

Head on over to wordpress.com and create your site there - and be sure to write in english in your first post - perhaps some song lyrics!

Can't wait to hear what the idea is :)

Shellie said...

So I'm sorry I kinda laughed, but I can relate. That's why I try to bury great ideas. :)