Monday, July 07, 2008

Summer Reading Thing Prize


Time for another prize! If you've signed up for Summer Reading Thing 2008, simply leave a comment on this post and you're entered in the drawing.

Decider by Dick Francis is a murder mystery set in the world of horse racing. The promo reads:

Architect Lee Morris inherits a partial ownership in the Statton Park racecourse—and with it, a dangerous position among the warring upper-class family trying to settle its fate. Morris would like to see the course restored to its former grandeur, but the various Stratton heirs have plans of their own. When an explosion rocks the grandstands, the disagreement turns violent—and Morris finds himself in a race to save himself and his family from an unknown culprit...

I've read several of Dick Francis' books and really liked them but I read the Reader's Digest Condensed versions. This book is part of a box of books someone gave me to use as prizes. I haven't read it so if you get it and it has naughty language or scenes, I'm sorry. The book is mass-market paperback, and in very good condition except for a couple of little spots on the cover.


Eligibility for this prize:
  1. Must be signed up for the Summer Reading Thing 2008. (If you're not, sign up now.)

  2. Must leave a comment on THIS POST before midnight tomorrow (Tuesday, July 8, 2008).

  3. Must have a shipping address within the U.S.

7 comments:

Marco & Meredith said...

ooh- sounds like a good mystery!

Sandra said...

this is me leaving a comment. ;)

storyengineer said...

I haven't read a horse book for awhile. Sounds interesting.

eva said...

I'll give it a go :D

Melanie Goldmund said...

Even if Dick Francis does include so-called sex scenes, they're definitely not explicit, and I don't remember really bad language in any of his books, either.

Susan said...

It's been awhile since I've read Dick Francis, but I think his books are pretty clean. I've never read this one, and would love to win it. Thanks!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Dick Francis has one bed scene per book, and it's usually over with pretty quickly. There are four books that I don't recommend at all, though, "Enquiry," "Twice Shy," "Wild Horses," and "Risk." The rest are fabulous -- just keep your eyes out for that one scene, skip over it, and move on.