Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day Meme


I saw this over on Summer's blog. She's seen it on Rocks in My Dryer—the originator and where you add yourself to the Mr. Linky.

Since having babies was the hardest work I've ever done in my life, I think it's a perfectly good meme for Labor Day.

How long were your labors?

Kid #1: 36 hours (yes, there is an entire horror story to accompany that number, but it's still traumatic for me to remember it, so I won't be sharing today.)

Kid #2: 5 hours

Kid #3: 5 hours

Kid #4: 12 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1: Excruciating pain that would not go away. I had unusual contraction patterns, with pains only a couple of minutes apart and some as much as 5 minutes long. It's a good thing she was/is so cute!

Kid #2: Water broke.

Kid #3: Minimal back labor; I just had a feeling I should go to the hospital.

Kid #4: Induced for medical reasons.

Where did you deliver?

Hospitals! (What, you think I'm nuts?)

Drugs?

Absolutely!

C-section?

Thankfully, no.

Who delivered?

Doctors.


9 comments:

Jen said...

I think this is such a fun meme for Labor day!

Sandra said...

We always tease my one sister that actually had a baby on a Labor day.

Cindy Beck said...

Karlene,
Great meme for Labor Day! Can't believe that you had a 36 hour labor with your first child and STILL had more after that! :)

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on "Technologically Imparied."

Baby Tunnel Exodus said...

I bet we'd have a lot to chat about having long labors! Sounds like you're very blessed.e

Josi said...

I'm gunna play this one in a few days--it still counts, right?

Brillig said...

I love this idea for a meme! Cool! And wow, with #3 I'm glad you had that feeling that you should go to the hospital. Five hours isn't very long!

Heather B. Moore said...

Funny Comic! I had to be induced with all 4 of my kids. They were happy where they were at, I guess.

Julie Wright said...

oy labor . . . so glad I am done having babies. So glad I have babies too. Funny how that works.

Eric said...

ok, so I wasn't in labor, but does the 2 hours that my right hand was being squeezed and bent back in a way God did not intend count?

Actually, after I watched my wife deliver my first born, I told her after, that if she wanted another child someday, fine, but I would be fine if she decided she didn't, I was good. I am such a guy, i could not have handled giving birth...:D


www.goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com