This will be a new adventure for me. It's been a long time since I worked for someone else. When I left the interview (which was really good for my ego, what with all the begging me to come work for them), I felt really excited. Then this morning, reality hit as I realized all the things I'm going to be giving up.
- No more going back to bed with a good book on cold, blustery days.
- No more working on MY time line—which sometimes started at 6:00 a.m. (if I woke up early) or as late as midnight (if I couldn't sleep).
- No more taking a two hour nap in the middle of the day.
- No more blaming gas on the dog.
- No more spinning around in my chair and singing show tunes at the top of my lungs as a way to clear my head.
- No more spontaneous road trips.
- No more reading blogs or playing Spider Solitaire in the middle of the work day.
- No more wearing the same outfit
twothree days in a row.
- No more wearing mismatched clothes because they happen to be the only things that are clean.
- No more working in my PJs and fuzzy pink piggy slippers.
Nope. No more of that.
Instead, I have to be proper and professional at all times. (That's me, to the right. Well, it could be if I were blond, with long hair, and 20 years younger.)
And I have to remember to brush my teeth before I head off to work in the mornings.
This should be interesting.