Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Catchin Up with Stuff

I haven't blogged a lot in September because I've been busy CLEANING and ORGANIZING. More details later, but for now, let's just say that I am the proud owner of a clean and functional office and shipping area. Yea for me!

I want to let you know about a couple of things:

BIAM (aka Book in a Month). There are two going on right now, starting today, but it's not too late to join in either of them. I'm participating in both. No, that does not mean I'm doing double the writing (although that would be nice). I'm just logging in both places and getting double the support and love. If you're interested, you can join me at one or both.

  • LatterdayAuthors BIAM: You need register here. Then PM me and I'll add you to the group. We're taking a virtual tour of Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Set your own goals and write as much as you can. Check in daily and post your word counts.

  • Tristi's Challenges: Go here. Create a post on your blog about the challenge. Link back to Trisit's site. Set your own goals and write, write, write. Check in at Tristi's place and report your word count.


Fall Into Reading. This actually started on Sept. 22nd, but it's not too late to join. I've already started reading for it, but I need to get my list posted. This is really fun and unlike some other people you know (and hopefully forgive), Katrina is spot on about awarding the promised prizes for her contest. For details, go here.

Summer Reading Thing Prize Awards. Winners are as follows:


Please send me your mailing address and I'll get those out to you. Even if you've sent me your address before, please send it again because I've misfiled my document with that info. Also, when you send your snail mail address, make sure you tell me both your screen name and your real name so that I'll make the connection.

**About the winners. After deleting commenters who hadn't participated in the the Summer Reading Thing, I had more prizes than commenters. (My fault for being a slacker.) So I went back to the sign up list and used the randomizer to fill in winners for the extras.

6 comments:

storyengineer said...

Wow, I'm surprised that I won. I didn't write a comment on the post before the deadline. Thank you for the prize!

Sandra said...

And may I say that your office looks great. Want to come do mine now? Ok, I think I'll get to it in 2 weeks when it is UEA break at school.

Alison Palmer said...

Thanks for the link on Tristi's blog, Karlene. Between her play list and your help my writing/music life has now been fulfilled! ;)

ali said...

Hi Karlene! I can't participate in any of those things but yay for the winners! Congrats everyone!!!

Josi said...

That's what I get for not playing! Huff. Way to go on your organizing, I've had to recently take a week off of writing so I can get back to broke with the basement--we're still in negotiations, but I know I will prevail because it feels so good to have it all ship shape--even if it only lasts an afternoon

Kimberly said...

Thanks for posting those links - I need the extra motivation right now!