Friday, November 14, 2008

Do you really want this guy up your nose?

Normally, I am not a big drug person. I tend to get more side effects than benefit from most drugs, so I generally go the herbal route.

Also, I just seriously have issues with using a product touted by this guy:

But Jim and Megan were sick last week with sinus infections. They both have noses that tend toward that and I was muchly counting my blessings that my nose is usually infection free. However, I took pity on them and shelled out the $35 for a box of Mucinex. Actually, Megan bought it using my debit card. If I'd been at the store I would have thought twice about that price! But whatever. I was just glad I wasn't sick.

Pride goeth before the fall.

Yesterday I had to leave work early because I. Was. So. Sick.

I came home, took some Mucinex that Jim and Megan had raved over, and went to bed. When I woke up, I felt better. I still have a cold BUT the sinus pressure is 99% gone. I can breathe. And I can work. Yippee!!!

So, if you're standing in the store wondering if you should shell out the big bucks for this stuff, the answer is YES! It's dang expensive but worth every penny.

7 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. That stuff IS dang expensive, but darn it all, it often works wonders.

Cindy Beck said...

Karlene,
Okay, I know you probably felt terrible while you were writing it, but I had to laugh at this blog entry. Oh my heck, that graphic is one bad looking little boogar. Er ... um, "boogar" as in bad dude, not the nasal kind. :)

I just hope, after you were so kind as to comment on "The Germ Theory" at my blog, that the nasty-wasty germ didn't follow you home from my site:)

Danyelle Ferguson said...

What a gross little mascot for a health product. :) But I'm glad you feel better!

Suan said...

i need some.... we are all soooo sick. but you need to make another post so the snot monster won't be the first thing you see on your blog =)
btw...how is work?

Summer said...

Yeah, some commercials make me so not want to buy the product. We have one out here, maybe you have it there. It's The Room Store lady. I can't STAND her!! I am never buying furniture from that store.

Julie Wright said...

You've almost convinced me to try this stuff. Oy but the price! But seriously I had sinus surgery and that didn't help. Maybe the little green mucas man can. Hope you keep on getting better!

Suan said...

yikees... this guy is in my nose and head and chest....the flu of 2008/2009 has hit and i have it!!
warning to all....it hits hard and the worse part last for three days, at least for me. i think i am finally on the road to recovery