Friday, December 05, 2008

8 Things About Me


Sandra tagged me weeks ago. Between starting my new job and my once dead but now resurrected Internet connection, I'm just now getting around to it. And don't expect any deep and thoughtful answers here. I'm very shallow.

So.

Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To:
  1. Christmas presents. I want Grandma toys!

  2. Summer. I really dislike cold weather.

  3. Christmas parties. My parents will be here in less than a week and it will be seven straight days of Party City here at my house.

  4. Jessica Day George's new book, Princess of the Midnight Ball. It comes out in January, so if someone wants to give me a gift card to Barnes & Noble or Amazon for Christmas this year...

  5. The LDS Storymakers Writers Conference in April.

  6. Megan coming home safe and sound from China in June-ish. (I know, I know. She hasn't even left yet. I'm just saying.)

  7. Grandma Day—every Tuesday

  8. Christmas with the grandbabies and watching them open their presents on Christmas morning. (Ooops. I guess I should wait to be invited before I put this on my list—hint, hint.)


Eight Things on My Wish List:
  1. World Peace. What? Isn't that on everyone's list?

  2. The ultra-amazing Kindle. Megan has one. I'm trying not to break the 10th commandment.

  3. An iPhone. Do I need to say why? Everyone secretly wants one of these. Don't deny it. I know you do.

  4. A month long trip to Europe with my hubby.

  5. A new blazing fast PC laptop with all the bells and whistles, plus all the software upgrades I'd need to run on Vista.

  6. A fully loaded iPod. Yes, I have an iPod and I love it. I want someone to load it with all my favorite songs. Because I don't know how.

  7. Some new boots. When I unpacked my winter clothing box, I distinctly remember taking out a pair of black boots and a pair of brown boots. I have no idea where I put them. And these are boots that I wore nearly every day last year.

  8. Time to read the 45 books that have been sitting on my dresser for nearly a year.


Eight TV Shows I Like to Watch:
(I recently did a post about TV show here so I won't elaborate.)
  1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's not on TV anymore but I have the DVDs. Yea!

  2. Bones

  3. Fringe

  4. Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles

  5. Grey's Anatomy

  6. House

  7. CSI Miami

  8. The Mentalist

Eight Things that Happened Yesterday:
Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to remember that far back? Ain't going to happen. Here are eight things that happened today.
  1. The wind smelled like railroad ties. A sure sign that winter is almost here.

  2. My mother called me about a Christmas party. Everyone who we know that used to live in KY but who now lives here in UT is invited.

  3. I broke my fingernail down to the quick. Another reason why I hate winter—my hair, skin and nails dry out something fierce.

  4. My brain got a cramp trying to think of all these things.

  5. I realized I was falling asleep as I typed.

  6. I decided to cheat and quit at six things.


Eight People Who Now Have to Do This Silly Tag:
  1. McKenna

  2. Melanie

  3. Megan

  4. Suan

  5. Cindy Beck (cool Christmas background)

  6. Gaynell Parker (love your new design)

  7. Erika

  8. and YOU!

4 comments:

Cindy Beck said...

Karlene,
I feel so honored that you think I have enough imagination to invent … ah, er … lie about … um, I mean LIST eight things that might be interesting about me. (I wonder if I can count my hubby and my dog as two.:)

Thanks for the tag!

kathleenmaher said...

Karlene, I see you've already spent a good deal of time writing memes. But I gave you the famous Making Lemonade Out of Lemons award. If you don't already have it (and I bet you do but what can you do) go to:
http://www.diaryofaheretic.com/diary_of_heretic_memes/

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Glad you're back - I wondered where you'd gone!

And I hate breaking my nails to the quick. It's so stinkin' painful.

Summer said...

Oh I so need this winter weather to go as well. I am all about Summer time.