Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bad Blogger


Yes, I've been a bad blogger lately. What with crash-reading nearly 30 novels, having IV Iron treatments, and another life event that I'm not allowed to blog about yet but is so exciting I can hardly stand it, I haven't made it here to post.

This week I'm participating in a BIAW (Book in a Week) challenge at latterdayauthors.com. No, I really don't expect to write an entire book in a week, but the point of the challenge is to write fast and furious and get as much of it down on paper as possible. No editing, no rewriting—this is purely first draft stuff.

This BIAW is coming along very well. Monday I wrote longhand while at the doctor and did some plotting and characterization. Tuesday I did more characterization and wrote 951 words; yesterday 1,031 words. Woot!

I'm so proud of myself, I may have to make one of those sidebar braggers.

10 comments:

Britt said...

That is a really cool idea. I'm wishing I had a good promising idea to write...

Kimberly said...

Congrats on the progress! That's such a good feeling, isn't it?

Annette Lyon said...

Can't wait to hear about the exciting thing, whatever it might be!

Josi said...

You better tell us this exciting news as SOON as possible. We're all waiting on bated breath.

Sandra said...

I know the exciting thing and it is EXCITING.

And congrats on all the writing that you got done. Way to go!

Cindy Beck said...

Way to go on the writing! Wahoo for you!

BUT ... you'd better spill the beans on the "exciting event" soon. We can't wait for too long to know what it is!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Life event? What life event? I want to know about a life event!

Rebecca Talley said...

Are you having a baby? I bet that's your life event :)!!

Congrats on all the writing. I did the BIAW with the intention of working on my next novel (I did get 10,000 words--3000 new) but ended up doing a bunch of other writing projects and lots of reading.

You have way cool widgets on your sidebar--where do you find them?

Nichole Giles said...

Exciting life event? Hm, now I'm way curious.

Congratulations on your progress. That's so way exciting!

Nichole

Julie Wright said...

I love life events except when they are a little too live. Way to go on the writing and the reading!