Monday, April 20, 2009

I Can See the Blue Sky!

I've been soooo busy lately, what with wedding planning (new date set at June 25th), changes at the store (see details below), and griping about the cold weather. But it's nice out today and I'm in a good mood, so I decided to post about a few fun and exciting events going on this week.


Josi S. Kilpack
Author of Lemon Tart, is coming this Thursday for our Provident Ladies Book Club. We're meeting at 6:00 p.m., instead of the usual 7:00 p.m. Hope to see you there. Lots of fun. Cookies. Door prizes. Club discount cards.

Toy Clearance
We're clearing out the toy section of the store. All toys are 15% off through the end of the month. These are not your average toys. They are really high quality toys from Melissa and Doug, WishPets, Science Kits and more. Come in soon for the best selection.

Book Swap
Starting April 27th! I'm so excited about this. For only $1, you can swap your gently-used books for any of our gently-used books. Of course, to get this started, we need a stash of books. I've brought in about 200, but we'd like double that. So...because you're MY FRIEND, here's a special offer. Bring your gently-used books to the store or to me by this Friday, April 24th, and get half-price swap credits.

For example, if you bring in 10 or 20 or 100 books, I'll give you credits for those at only 50¢ per swap in the future. (Of course, I'd hope that you'd use your credits slowly so that our supply isn't instantaneously depleted.)

We plan to have a full selection of genre fiction, including LDS books, plus limited non-fiction. Books need to be gently used. There are a few restrictions on titles that I can accept—mostly dependent on whether or not we already have enough copies of the book. If you have used books you'd like to trade in now for half-price trades in the future (or you know someone who'd be interested), contact me ASAP. (You must contact me, rather than ask someone at the store because the other sales clerks have not yet been trained on the details.)

Act fast because this offer is only good through this Friday.

Boutique-Style Consignment
We are inviting individuals with boutique style items to put their products in our store. We work on a consignment basis. Your products would go into the store through Rosehaven Publishing & Distribution as the representative vendor. If you or someone you know has a home-based business selling boutique style items, please contact me for details.

If you don't have books you want to trade or boutique items you'd like to sell, but you would like to know when the book swap and/or boutique portion of the store is ready to go, you can sign up for our Provident Book newsletter. (Second item in the left-hand sidebar.)

Now playing on my iPod: Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles

1 comment:

Cindy Beck said...

Aw, I"m sad to see the toys go. I thought they were fun.

But, it is need to have a book swap! I just wish the store was closer to where I live, because our library is tiny, and I'd utilize a book swap all the time.