Wednesday, April 01, 2009

My Favorite April Fool's Joke!

Baby Burrito.


We called him Pilaf back then, because he was the size of a grain of rice when my daughter called to tell me she was pregnant. It was 10 minutes after we hung up that I realized it was April 1st. For half a second, I thought maybe it was a joke but then I realized she wouldn't joke about something like that. It was definitely a surprise then, but now I can't imagine life without that little cutie pie.

So what's your favorite April Fool's joke? What's the best prank someone pulled on you, or that you pulled on someone else?


Now playing on my iPod: Come to Me by Celine Dion

5 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

That is one cute baby!

I've never really done the whole joke thing, so I'm afraid to say, I have nothing even remotely interesting to contribute. Makes me think I should go perpetrate something ... :)

Sandra said...

When I was in college, I had a family home evening brother that was always pulling pranks on our apartment. We decided to get back at him. We invited him over for ice cream sundaes.

In order to make it easier on everyone, we dished up the icecream into sundae dishes before hand and put them in the freezer. When everyone got there we pulled out the ice cream and handed it out. Everyone then put the topping on their ice cream and enjoyed their treat.

What everyone else except this particular brother knew was that his dish was full of frozen mashed potatoes.

The look on his face- priceless.

We did have an extra dish of ice cream for him when we were all done laughing.

Taffy said...

In high school we took ALL the salt shakers and replaced the salt with sugar! heeheehee No one knew what happened to their fries! heeheehee

melanie lucille said...

what a mean thing for me to do. I totally forgot I told you on april fools day.

Cindy Beck said...

My favorite April Fool's trick was on Russ. While he was in the shower, I took big sheets of paper and totally papered over the bathroom doorway, so when he opened the door after his shower, he faced a wall of paper.

The one thing I hadn't counted on was that I was on the other side of the paper and couldn't see the reaction on his face!

By the way, Baby Burrito is a cutie!