Friday, April 03, 2009

When is a Road Trip not really a Road Trip?


In approximately 60 days, it will be the anniversary of my First Annual Summer Road Trip. That trip was so much fun—making the trip, spending time with Megan and being completely spontaneous. It was just as fun coming up with the various contests and prizes. I had sooooo hoped to take another Road Trip this summer, but due to you-know-who's plans for this fall, no road trip for me.

There's also this complication of having a job where people expect me to show up to work on a regular basis.

So I've been pouting and sulking. Because I'm sort of a baby like that.

But then I had an idea. Just because I can't do a road trip doesn't mean I can't have fun this summer, right? I'm creative and clever. I can come up with something fun to do on my blog, with prizes and games and contests galore. Right? RIGHT??

uunnh. Maybe not.

Here's what I've come up with so far: ____

That's right. A big fat nothing. Ideas?

The as yet undetermined first prize for the 2nd Annual Summer Road Trip (That Won't Quite Involve a Road Trip) will go to whomever gives me a good idea.

Now playing on my iPod: Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts (ahh, the memories. . .)

7 comments:

Suan said...

one year when we didn't have enough
money for a real vacation we went on a "utah vacation" and every weekend we went somewhere close by and visited things unique to utah...remember? you scrapbooked them for me (thanks again)... you could go somewhere random every couple of days(or once a week) and give clues about where you went and have people guess where you went :)

Annette Lyon said...

Last year was such a ball following you and Megan through your blog! I hope you come up with something. I'm not creative enough at this hour to suggest anything, though. :)

Sandra said...

I was thinking a virtual road trip. You plan it as if you were actually going there, then each day when you "stop" to explore, you let us see where you went and what you did, complete with photoshopped you in stock photos.

But with a tour like Suan suggested, you know who, or even I could tag along for the fun.

Katrina said...

I love that you blogged a road trip. I live in Southern CA and am planning a Hollywood Vacation for me and my kids this summer (because of financial issues). Our hotel? Home. At least we do have a swimming pool, now.
Nice to have "met" you!

Suan said...

and if you go with the idea of the "utah vacaton" like sandra said people could tag along...you could take a different road trip guest with you to each stop :)

Cindy Beck said...

Ooo, I don't have any clue what to suggest ... but everyone else's ideas sound great.

Lori Nawyn said...

Hi Karlene,

I've just become a fan of your blog--since I saw the link on BIAW. I like the Utah vacation angle. I recently agreed to do something similar for a new Utah website. It's been fun discovering new places/people I never knew existed in my home state. I can't wait to see what you come up with.