Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Summer Reading Thing List


I'm really excited about doing this reading challenge. For some reason, having a challenge really helps me focus on a reading goal. It makes me want to turn off the TV and open a book.

And I love to see other people's reading lists and to read their reviews. I've found some real gems that way.

So, here's my list. I may have to swap out some of the titles, depending on their availability at the library. I really am trying to curtail my book buying addiction.
  • All the Stars in Heaven by Michelle Paige Holmes
  • English Trifle by Josi Kilpack*
  • Eyes Like Mine by Julie Wright*
  • Fablehaven 4: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
  • The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
  • Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
  • Lockdown by Traci Hunter Abramson
  • My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
  • Slathbog's Gold by M.L. Forman
  • Wings by Aprilynne Pike


* if they're released in time.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow! I could pretty much copy your list, great choices!
I posted info about my new Ribbon Box on my blog, it’s so neat! If you’d like to see details, please stop by!

Cindy Beck said...

Great list! We moved from a town with a decent library, to a town with a tiny library, and I miss having instant access to books and books and more books!

Ali Cross said...

Good list Karlene! I've read some of those and have some of the others on my own wish list.

Except, I'm reading some pre-published stuff first ... wish I could put THOSE on my list!

Heather Justesen said...

Good list, I have/or have read several already. I need to get my summer reading list posted too. Hey, I tagged you over on my blog. come check it out.
Heatherjustesen.blogspot.com

Marcia Mickelson said...

Great list. I just read Janette Rallison's 2 books and loved them. It looks like you're trying to read a lot of 2009 releases. So am I; trying to get a jump start on Whitney-eligible books.

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I like your reading list, it gave me a few new ones to add to mine. :) I look forward to your reviews.