Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Real Reason for this Blog


I've tried dejunking and reorganizing before. I make in-roads. I just never get it DONE, COMPLETE, FINISHED.

I have a notebook that I use to track stuff—what I want to do in each room, what I need to do it, ideas, possibilities, etc.

Problem is, I keep losing the stupid notebook and having to remake it.

Also, I'll do internet searches for ideas, forget to put the results in my notebook, and lose the bookmark. Or I get paint swatches, etc. and lose them.

So this is my online notebook.

Okay. So. This task of dejunking, organizing, prettying up my home is MONUMEMTAL. I'm using Julie Morgenstern's book, Organizing from the Inside Out, to help me. I read this book several years ago and loved it. It really helped a lot, but it's time for a refresher course. I'm re-reading it and doing the exercises, which I'll be posting here.

She has another book I might get called, Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life.

I also want to get Peter Walsh's book, It's All Too Much. (Or at least, I think that's the one I wanted. Can't remember because I lost my stupid list of books!)

(See why I need to track things like this on my blog?)

No comments: