Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Scheduling My Mid-Life Crisis


I turn 50 in a few months. That's right—the big 5–0! It's long past time for a change.

I have way too much stuff. I don't want to spend what's left of my life taking care of things I don't want or don't need. In preparation for entry into my Golden Years, I'm paring down to the bare bones.

I'm also embarking on a couple of new business ventures and I have to create the space and organization I need to be successful.

Inspired by Clean Sweep (I love Peter Walsh) and Clean House (gotta' love a woman who has the courage to wear flowers in her hair), I'm going to be heartless and ruthless. I'm getting rid of the junk and decreasing the clutter. I'm only keeping things I absolutely need and/or love dearly.

I just need to figure out how to do it. . .

I recognize that it will probably take me quite some time to do it all. We have a nice sized house and lots of stuff. Plus I'm slow and my muscles are sort of like overcooked spaghetti. But I'm a big believer in 'the power of the little bit.'

I'll be posting about it every once in awhile. You can find a room by room index to these posts by clicking on the Home tab.

No comments: