Saturday, May 09, 2009

What should I do when I grow up?

I want to give you, my bloggy friends, first notice about my store.

Provident Book/Humdinger Toys is closing on May 16th.

It's a long story and I knew going in that it might only last six months. Of course, we (all the owners and employees) hoped it would be a raging success and that it would stay open for years. But the sad fact is that with the economy, the construction on the road in front of us, and a few other boring business-related factors, it is not to be.

We're running a few specials to help clearance things out:
  • Toys will stay through the closing and are all 15% off (these are going fast, so if you wanted something specific, come in soon)
  • Deseret Book and Covenant titles are 25% off
  • Various vendors are marking their items down for us, so we've got lots of items that are 50 to 90% off. (Look for the hot pink stickers.)
I've put all the Rosehaven items on sale:
  • Book Bling jeweled bookmarks and cell phone tassels are 50% off
  • Summer Enrichment/Home School workbooks are all $4.95 (originally $7.97 to $17.95)
  • Titles by Jewel Adams, Karl Beckstrand, Julie Coulter Bellon, C.S. Bezas, Claire Bowen, Kurt Beckstrand, Josi Kilpack, Lisa Peck, Tristi Pinkston and Candace Salima are all marked down, some at more than 50% off.

Our last big event is Tristi Pinkston's book launch for Agent in Old Lace. It will be Saturday, May 16th, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. And it's going to be a blast. We'll have lots of door prizes and give-aways, refreshments, and lots of fun.


On a personal note, once again I'm facing a new career choice. Any suggestions?

Now playing on my iPod: I Want to Be a Bestseller by LDStorymakers (love that song)

2 comments:

David J. West said...

I cannot say how bummed I am. Provident is exactly what I thought this valley needed.

How about figuring out your online publishing ideas now?

Sheila A. Nielson said...

It's a sign. Time to write that bestselling book! :)