Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'll Walk By Faith

I've been thinking about my last post for awhile. It does little good to identify a problem if you can find no solution for it.

I think I've found a solution or at least, something that will work for now.


When I was 16, I received a blessing from God that has become very dear and very important to me. One sentence in that blessing states:

I bless you that you may never want for the necessities of life.

If I truly believe this religion that I embrace and call my own; if I truly believe in the divine inspiration of these blessings; if I truly believe that God will answer my prayers—then I must live like I believe. And that includes letting go of all the extras.

I'm not talking about throwing out my food storage or giving away all my earthly belongings. But if I'm holding onto something solely out of fear, it's time for me to let it go and trust that if I ever do need it in the future, God will provide it for me, as He has so many times in the past.

So for now, I'll walk by the faith I profess.

Which reminds me of a song I love, I Walk By Faith by Janice Kapp Perry.

Chorus Lyrics:
I walk by faith,
a daughter of heav'nly parents.
Divine am I in nature by inheritance.
And someday when God has proven me,
I'll see Him face to face.
But just for here and now I walk by faith.



No comments: