Saturday, June 13, 2009

Living with a Disorganized Person


I'm soooo glad to be through all that introspection into all my psycho obstacles. I love that Julie's next chapter lets us focus on SOMEONE ELSE!

My DH will be the first to tell you that his life is in chaos and he is disorganized. Part of that is because he's working three jobs. Part of it is also his need to hoard a little bit.

He thinks his disorganization really bothers me, but it doesn't. It only really bothers me if I'm looking for something that he had last, and I really need it and I can't find it.

Or when I need something out of a storage box. He always stacks them too heavy and too high for me to get to.

Otherwise, I simply organize behind him. He hates this, but I can't help it. I'm a little OCD that way. But I try to respect his boundaries.

For example—his Atomic Dog Room. (I have no idea where that name came from, but that's what he calls his office.) DH has one room downstairs that he can keep as messy as he needs to keep it. And he does. It's take-your-life-in-your-hands and enter-at-your-own-risk messy. I rarely even open the door.

This works well for us.

**In this chapter, Julie talks about helping people with ADD or OCD. She says, "Help them rise above the details and create a system that is good enough." (her italics) Given what I said HERE, it makes me wonder if she wasn't telling people how to deal with ME!

No comments: