Tuesday, June 09, 2009

SNORT That Song!—CONTEST CLOSED


SNORT needs a theme song and a playlist.

Every event needs a playlist and a theme song, right? And this is an event, right?

So I'm thinking LOVE SONGS.

(Don't know WHY I'd want a collection of love songs during the month of June in 2009, but I do. Go figure.)

As with last June's Summer Road Trip Extravaganza, I've set up a playlist at the bottom of my blog. (Scroll waaaaayyyy down.) I've put a few of my favorite love songs on there already—like Colour Everywhere by Deana Carter. I love that song. It reminds me of my DH. . . [sigh]

(Only the one on the playlist isn't by her. Couldn't find her version of it on the playlist site and it's so much better than the one on the playlist. Sorry, Christian. To hear Deana sing it, click HERE.)


CONTEST CLOSED

Moving right along—

Contest Question: What is your all-time favorite love song?

Prize: "Pigs in Love" CD—a collection of SNORT's Top Ten Favorite Love Songs—picked from your suggestions.



Here are the details for this contest:
  • Post song suggestions in the comments section by midnight on Saturday, June 13th.

  • You can suggest as many songs as you want in the same comment.
  • Songs must be LOVE SONGS but can be any style of music.

  • I'll add every suggested song to the playlist below (assuming I can find a link) and listen to all of them. (Next week, I'll narrow down the list and let you vote on which ones will go on the Pigs in Love CD.)
  • Due to ever increasing shipping costs, to win the prize you must live in or have a ship to address in the U.S. (If you live out of the country, you're welcome to have me send it to someone stateside as a gift from you.)
  • This SNORT contest prize will be shipped in July (have to have a chance to create it).

I'll give away three Pigs in Love CDs in connection with this contest post, as follows:
  • Everyone who suggests a song gets entered into a drawing for Pigs in Love. One entry per song suggestion.
  • If your song suggestion is one of our top 10 chosen for the CD, you'll be entered into another drawing for the CD (one in ten chance to win).

  • If your song is chosen as our SNORT Theme Song, you'll win the CD.

Now playing on my iPod: Colour Everywhere by Deana Carter

P.S. I got that image HERE. It was created as iPhone wallpaper. Cool, huh? But I'm not sure how to get it on your phone. . .

10 comments:

Melanie Goldmund said...

Love songs? I am absolutely no good with love songs! I'm not even sure I know any. Maybe I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers. Yeah, I know, I suggested that song for the Road Trip last year, too.

Oh, and here's one from the later Middle Ages. Many years ago, I bought a cassette of medieval music, and this song was on it. It's called "Fair Phyllis I saw sitting all alone" and if this link doesn't work, just search for it by title on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk9bNkEjZHE

Sandra said...

Oh, my new all time favorite love song is Then, by Brad Paisley. I play it over and over.

Of course I love anything by Jim Brickman but Destiny and Love of My Life are favorites

So my list:
*Then- Brad Paisley (I have this one on my iPod if you can't find a clip)
*You and Me- Life House (this one is actually on my iPod 3 times!)
*Destiny
*Love of My Life- Jim Brickman
*Lost in this Moment- Big & Rich
*That's Love- Brad Paisley
*Good Morning Beautiful- Brad Paisley
*Longer- Dan Fogelberg
*Faithfully- Journey
*Making Memories of Us- Keith Urban
*You Had Me From Hello- Keith Urban
*Forever in Love- Kenny G
*I Run to You- Lady Antebellum
*Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts
*The Day Before You- Rascal Flatts
*Will You Dance With Me?- Julianne Hough

That will have to do for now- the timer is ringing and I need to go deal with the bread dough

Susan said...

My all-time favorite is "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera, followed closely by "You Come to My Senses" by Chicago. Can you tell I love Peter Cetera? If you want something a little less sappy, I'd go with "Friday I'm in Love" by the Cure.

Anonymous said...

Donna said

My favorite love song is Alison Kraus' "When You Say Nothing at All." Here's the link to the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

Sandra said...

I love Peter Cetera as well. And while I love the Alison Kraus version of "When You Say Nothing At All" I love the original version by Keith Whitley more, but the version that is a remix to make a duet by both Keith and Alison is the best of all of them.

Anonymous said...

I love the song, Chances are by Bob Segar, and someone else.
Elaine

Suan said...

so...i should have commented earlier...some of mine have already been mentioned..
here is my list:
you make loving fun-fleetwood mac
right down the line-gerry rafferty
love song-taylor swift
forever & ever amen-randy travis
faithfully yours-journey
ever ever after-carrie underwood
when you say nothing at all-a kruass
better together-jack johnson
this kiss-faith hill
have i told you lately-rod stewart
baby love-supremes
how sweet it is-james taylor
love gets me every time-shania twian
from this moment-shania twain
your still the one-shania twain
forever and for always-shania twian

are you really going to listen to all these love songs???

Luisa Perkins said...

I don't listen to a ton of country music (bluegrass is another matter entirely), but I love two country love songs equally. They have the most beautiful lyrics.

Something That We Do--Clint Black
The Broken Road--Marcus Hummon

Anonymous said...

Kandis says,
So i have a few and some of these people are very smart and we think alike so here are the ones that havent been taken.

my all time favorite is
she's in love with a boy-trisha yearwood but here are the rest that made the cut.
love me-collin raye
remember when-alan jackson
i cross my heart-george straight
right here waiting-brian adams
to make you feel my love-garth brooks
its your love-tim mcgraw
i dont want to miss a thing-aerosmith
making memories of us-keith urban
i got you babe-sonny and cher
never let you go-steelheart
love like this-blackhawk
(i've had) the time of my life-bill medley & jennifer warnes
be my baby-ronnettes
hey baby-bruce channel
she's like the wind-patrick swayze
in the still of the night-five satins
i remember you-skidrow
because you love me-celine dion
i'll be-edwin mccain

ok i will leave you with that. thanks

Anonymous said...

The deadline says June 13th, but it doesn't say the contest is closed. So I'm hoping I can sneak some in.

This one is one of my all-time favs:
You're My Everything--Santa Esmerelda

The rest I like. I thought I'd mix it up and do some variety in styles.


I'm a Believer--The Monkees

Happy Together--The Turtles

Change the World--Eric Clapton

Crazy Love--Aaron Neville

Have a Little Faith in Me--Jewel

Just to Hear You Say--Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

I'll Stand By You--Carrie Underwood

I Will Always Love You--Whitney Houston

Maybe I'm Amazed--Paul McCartney

Your Song--Elton John

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face--Roberta Flack

Total Eclipse Of The Heart--Bonnie Tyler

You're In My Heart--Rod Stewart

Because You Loved Me--Celine Dion

Have I Told You Lately--Van Morrison


Morgan