Saturday, June 06, 2009

Unclear Goals & Priorities


True confession #3 of psychological obstacles that keep me cluttered and disorganized.

Uhm.

This is a huge issue for me. I have interests in so many areas and there are so many things that I want to do, or might do, or will do if I get a chance, or will only do if I have to but I want to be prepared for it. . .

What do I want to do when I grow up?

You should see my career planning chart.

You want to?

Well, okay. Since you insisted.

Here it is (click for bigger image):

So, okay. These are the things I want to do. Some of them more than others. The trouble is, the ones I really want to do make less (or no) money than the ones I only sort of want to do. And I need to earn a living.

So, what to do? What to do?

Because I can't decide, I end up flitting around among all of them. I do what I love, until I feel guilty for not earning any money at it. Then I do the ones that earn money until I hate them. Back and forth, back and forth.

I guess I need to pick one, or maybe two, and focus on that until it's proven successful or until it fails. Then decide if I want to branch out to something else. But which one?

This particular psychological problem is going to take some time to work through.

In the meantime, my solution is "Eeeny, meeny, minee, . . ."

No comments: