It's a lot of work!
I've been crazy busy with organizing and with keeping on top of the normal daily routines, with a few extra zingers thrown in.
This past week, I have:
- Redrawn the office graph. I discovered I'd not only drawn the furniture to a larger scale than I did the room, but I'd also turned the room dimensions wrong-ways (putting the door and window on the wrong walls) so everything was all skeewampus.
- Decided which furniture I'd move into the new office and where it would go.
- Moved all the stuff that was in the small bedroom (soon to be new office) out. It had been used as a piano, baby, Urban Botanic, junk room.
- Cleaned the room. Fortunately, I like the colors in there, so I did not have to paint the walls.
- Gone back to the store for the storage bins (which were now on a better sale!) I got 4 colors, one for each kid. As I muck out, I throw their stuff in a bin and label it. Yay, me!
- Moved the big office furniture upstairs to the new office. (Technically, DH did that one last night, but I supervised and pointed and said things like, "Put that there, slave boy.")
- Packed the most pertinent files and stuff in boxes, then hired a neighbor boy to haul it all upstairs to my living room.
- Got a new chair mat because the old one was mildewy and gave me a headache. (I cannot believe how much they charge for a piece of ugly plastic! For those prices, they ought to have pretty pictures on them.)
- Got a 4 foot table. I had hoped to use one of the tables that I already had, but they were either too long or too wide for the space and I had to have a table.
Still to do before the end of the week:
- Unpack the office stuff that's currently in my living room and put it away—computers, printers, files, office supplies, projects, planners, books, wall art, etc.
- Hang some shelves.
- Put in some hours on my research job.
- Work on the policies, etc. for the new business venture that has precipitated all this dejunking and moving stuff about. (More details coming soon!)
Next week's project:
- Rearrange everything that was in the downstairs office area so that it will hold lots of shelves and tables and bins and other stuff. All the things for my soon to be announced new business venture which I am very excited about.
- Dejunk/clear out one of the downstairs bedrooms so it can hold all the overflow stuff that won't fit into the main office area downstairs.
Oh, and did I mention that I spent several hours on Sunday and a few more yesterday at the hospital?
That is my DH in the ER this past Sunday. He's had gallbladder attacks for years, but they had to become severe enough to debilitate him before he'd go do anything about it.
Yesterday he had more tests run. I went with him and can report he didn't cry, not even once. He is so brave and strong. Sometimes too brave and strong for his own good. Last night, after his tests and working all day, he moved furniture by himself. (Okay, that one almost caused a fight between us because I think he should ask someone to help him, but he won't. Men!)
But I am very grateful for his help and support. If you feel inclined, we wouldn't say no to a few prayers thrown his way. Hopefully they will find out what is wrong and fix it soon.