Thursday, July 30, 2009

Help Wanted: Cheerleading positions available

Uhm, so I really hesitated to post about this. Thought about the pros and cons for about a week. Then decided to go for it because the only thing keeping me from it is pride and fear. And if my daughter can be brave, so can I.


You may have noticed this button come and go from my sidebar.

I tried an experiment. It didn't work. So I revamped that blog to report and track my progress on the whole declutter, get organized thing I've been playing at for the past year or two or thirty.

I'm using Julie Morgenstern's book, Organizing from the Inside Out—which I love and is THE best book on organization that I've ever read. I first read it several years ago and followed her advice in a few areas of my house/life. Those are currently the only organized areas in my home. So I decided to go through it again—and this time, I'm not stopping until I'm done!

My Goodbye Clutter blog has a few basic categories:
  1. Talk the talk. This is where I discuss what I learn in various organizing books, my thoughts about organizing, the obstacles I encounter, my opinions, my fears, my dreams and wishes.

  2. Plan the Plan. This is where I plan what I want to do in each room of my home or area of my house. It will include info on function, needs, decor ideas, etc.

  3. Walk the Walk. Otherwise known as "implementation." Those posts will have before and/or after photos (and maybe some in betweens). I'll also talk about costs, efforts, daily accomplishments and other things that revolve around putting my plans in action.

  4. Dance the Dance. Here I will post my successes, finished projects, and how wonderful life is due to my efforts.

  5. Quotes. These are organizational quotes that I find in my research and love. I'll swap them out in the sidebar, but you can read all of them by clicking the "Quotes" button.

  6. 4Sale. As I declutter, I'll have things that I want to sell, rather than donate. I'll list them on this other site as I find them, which means you get first shot at them. Eventually, they'll be listed on KSL.com.

So I'm hoping you'll hop over to Goodbye Clutter and share your own ideas and experiences. And that you'll give me lots of support and cheerleading throughout the project.

Oh, and one more thing. There are prizes. Did I forget to mention that? Oh, yes! My followers get prizes because I'm just totally into prizes.

3 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Awesome! I've been decluttering with HIRED HELP for three weeks in preparation for our trip. I never want to do this again.

Julie Wright said...

decluttering sounds AWESOME!

Heather B. Moore said...

I don't have any ideas, but I'm determined to get some junk cleared out before school starts :)